2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (169 reviews )
LS 430 SUPERB!!
By BLGLAW on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I HAVE NOW OWNED THIS BEAUTY FOR ONE MONTH AND HAVE TO STRUGGLE WITH MY WIFE TO DRIVE THIS CAR. WE BOTH LOVE IT! MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS INDUSTRY-WIDE RELATED, AND THAT IS THE FLIMSINESS OF THE MATERIALS USED TO BUILD THE CAR. IF ONE PAYS $50,000 + FOR AN AUTO, IT SHOULD NOT BE MADE OUT OF PLASTIC. BUT, UNTIL THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY CEASES THE DICTATES TO THE AUTO INDUSTRY, WE'LL ALL HAVE TO SETTLE FOR LESS. THE LS 430 IS THE BEST CAR THAT I HAVE OWNED OVER 48 YEARS OF DRIVING, AND I LOOK FORWARD TO MANY MORE YEARS BEHIND THE WHEEL OF THIS MARVEL. CONSUMER REPORTS RATED THIS CAR AS THE # ONE LUXURY SEDAN, AND THEY WERE SO RIGHT!!

Awsome automobile
By eturille on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

After looking around at every car available and not wanting to buy a Lexus because of the man that ownes the dealership. I finally had to go with the best auto available. I have been delighted ever since.

A MAGIC CARPET, NOT AN EGO TRIP
By ALLSAND on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The best highway cruiser I've ever owned. A delite on the U.S, interstate systems.If you're looking to take highway off ramps at 50 mph or low gas consumption this is not the vehicle for you. Pure comfort and reliablity along with the most indulgent service ethics you could wish. My second Lexus. I shopped for the best price but not for another manufacturer.

Best Sedan on the Road
By hockie on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fourth LS 430 (previously LS 400) I have owned BMW, Mercedes, and Infiniti and have driven the Jaguar equivalent sedans and the 430 clearly overall outperforms and out rides them all.

The Best
By Kathryn Smith on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent in all aspects. Runs well, easy to handle, ride is super, just overall A+.

The Perfect Car
By l;mmmcdowell on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a joy to get into and drive every time. Hard to believe they could make a vehicle so enjoyable to drive in all conditions and even sitting in traffic is nice because of the great sound system ( I used to be a Hi-Fi dealer) and the filtered air comming into the car.

Newby Review
By Tom Jordan on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Although we have had the car for only a little over a month, I couldn't be more pleased. The car rides very firmly, it handles well, has more power than you would ever need and is very comfortable and spacious. If I could change one thing it would be the front seats, making them wrap a little more, but they make up for that by being tall enough to make the head rest comfortable and useable. Great car, worth the money and fun to own.

LS 430 rave
By jlonthroad on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

superior vehicle in every respect

Did I make the right choice...
By Bignachy on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The ride quality is very good, but not as good as my 1998 Cadillac Concours. The appointments are top notch. I still have not read the entire owners manual, so there is still much to learn about the NAV system. The car is easy to manuver in tight parking spaces. The fit and finish is excellent. The only gripe is the seats are very stiff. I am used to a little more cushioning. I would suggest that Lexus think about who is purchasing the vehicle. Not a kids car. I'm 50 years old and need a little more cushioning for my back. Would I purchase another one....not sure.

Satisfaction
By Jack Jen on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is our third Lexus. I am completely satisfied in every feature of the Lexus LS 430. The styling, quality of workmanship, detail and overall performance is unmatched in any vehicle I have ever driven. The lack of road noise is another great feature. The gas mileage, for such a big vehicle, is outstanding. The great ride is the finest in the industry. We also have a SC 430 which we consider the best in its' class. If, and when, we sell the SC 430, we intend to purchase the RX 430 beacuse of our satisfaction with our other models of Lexus. We would NEVER change from our Lexus habit.