2004 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (169 reviews )
lexus 430ls, the best
By mikels430 on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

best car for the money. very reliable, great service. I will never buy another Mercedes again

ultimate smooooothy
By David Pugh on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

When first shopping for a replacement for jaguar XK8 I never expected to end up with the LS430.I wanted something different, drove many different models. Finally drove Ls430 and came to conclusion for the money this was the best available. Bought the base model with perforated leather (A/C) seats, chrome rims, sunroof. Love it, great car, no problems at all. Dealer is superb, third car purchased there. Exterior is a little frumpy but excells everywhere else.

The Perfect Car
By Allen04 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

When you first get in the LS, you experience a wonderfully plush interior with less of a technical assault than the BMW 745i. The technology is easy to use, and it's got to be the most comfortable car in the world. With ample power, the car accelerates 0-60 in 6.3 seconds, which is fast enough for just about anyone. You could be going 100 mph and not even know it. This cabin is incredibly quiet, and the bumps are non-existent. The rear back-up camera is a very useful gizmo. Overall this car is wonderful, and if it's anything like its Lexus predecessors it will hold up to its value. And at thousands less than its competitors, this is one great buy.

My LS 430
By 427 AC Cobra/PA on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The seat was too small to accomadate support under thighs. I purchased my LS 430, and I can honestly say, for me, that this is a much better car. The interior is bigger, adjustments on seat can be dialed in to my preferences. Gas consumption was 25.7 mpg @ 75-80 mph, on a 350 mi trip. The one complaint that I do have is the mandatory purchase of the navigation system, in order to have the upgraded audio system. With the windows all the way down, the rear middle restraint-belt produces a very loud slapping noise.

The best LS 430 ever
By lovetoplaygolf on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

By far the best Lexus and car on the market.

Exceptional
By Abba180 on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my already perfect Lexus LS400. The car drive is the same legendary lexus drive. With the added air suspension, you can change the car to a more sporty BMW feel with the flick of a button.

great car
By h.meyers on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

this car is a driving wonder

Best car I've ever owned
By William Tell on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned Japanese, German and American cars over my 50+ years and have never owned a better car. The new 2004 replaced (traded in) my 2001 LS430. The braking on the LS is phenomenal. The '04 has improved pads and rotors. The six speed transmission gives the car a 0 - 60 of 5.9 seconds and I swear it is actually faster than that. The keyless entry is wonderful as well. It is very, very convenient to keep the fob in your pocket when you open doors and start the car without having to fumble for a key. The adaptive Front Lighting System (headlights aim where you are going) is great. This is an incredible Driver’s Automobile.

ultimate car
By paul b on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great new features of parking assist, headlights are amazing, & comfort is unsurpassed. Should have standard sat radio & navigational system for the price

Somebody's got to be First . . .
By Jali on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Allow me to qualify: I am a former Lexus Salesperson and I recently purchased the LS in Idaho for my parents. I then drove it to them in California. On new cars, I have sold over a dozen brand names including luxury lines and, IMO, Lexus is at the pinnacle of all badges. The 2004 LS has introduced new features and options that further enhance a legendary series. After 1100 miles in 2 days, it was the most pleasurable and least fatiguing road-trip I have ever made. Not a head-turner to every passerby, it does garner attention from knowledgeable consumers. That’s refreshing to those seeking the finest of automobiles without parading apparent wealth.