Used 2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (169 reviews )

Good but not Great
By PMMilam

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Very close to perfect for the $$ but small items get aggrevating the more you drive the car. Should charge $300 for each NAV update and updates are too far between.

Some items are hard to reach - change tray - heated seat switch and shifter interferrence when vanity tray opened

Great car!
By cheryldi

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

My husband has wanted this car for over seven years. He finally got it for his birthday, and we were not disappointed. It seems like I am learning something new about our car every day. My favorite features are the guidance system and keyless entry. His favorite feature is the high end accelleration. We also have an RX300. I know we will always buy Lexus. They are wonderful cars!

Did I make the right choice...
By Bignachy

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The ride quality is very good, but not as good as my 1998 Cadillac Concours. The appointments are top notch. I still have not read the entire owners manual, so there is still much to learn about the NAV system. The car is easy to manuver in tight parking spaces. The fit and finish is excellent. The only gripe is the seats are very stiff. I am used to a little more cushioning. I would suggest that Lexus think about who is purchasing the vehicle. Not a kids car. I'm 50 years old and need a little more cushioning for my back. Would I purchase another one....not sure.

Smoothness of the power train.

More cushioning in the seats.

Newby Review
By Tom Jordan

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Although we have had the car for only a little over a month, I couldn't be more pleased. The car rides very firmly, it handles well, has more power than you would ever need and is very comfortable and spacious. If I could change one thing it would be the front seats, making them wrap a little more, but they make up for that by being tall enough to make the head rest comfortable and useable. Great car, worth the money and fun to own.

GPS, really a neat feature, should be on all cars. The horsepower is nice too.

Make front seats "wrap" around a little more, would enhang performance image and feel, not taking anything away from looks.

Best Sedan on the Road
By hockie

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fourth LS 430 (previously LS 400) I have owned BMW, Mercedes, and Infiniti and have driven the Jaguar equivalent sedans and the 430 clearly overall outperforms and out rides them all.

The quiet smooth Ride, and the interior luxury features

tire life