2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (169 reviews )
Absolute Perfection
By buckeye30 on 01/19/14 00:21 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

After I paid of the student loans, I wanted to treat myself with something very special. Though some people called me an old man for choosing LS-430, I didn't care, and WOW. I am mean WOW. This car exceeds all my high engineering expectations, and redefines the definitions of luxury, reliability, fit & finish, and high quality. I don't even know where to start from, but all I can say I am very lucky to be owner of such a magnificent car. It is truly an engineering masterpiece. It takes awhile to understand what a special car it is, and after driving it for some time, you forget how special it is until you drive other cars, or people compliment you.

From Japan to Germany and back again!
By lexdog71 on 09/07/13 00:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 1990 LS 400 back when the car first came out, late '89 to 1992. I dropped it, put sweet fat 5-star chrome rims on it and triple-limo tinted all the windows -- burgundy metallic on burgundy leather. That car was 240hp of undeniable quality and perfection. I got a comment everywhere I went; everyone loved that car. I'd take it to Vegas at 130mph like it was nothing! Put 70,000 miles on it in three years and seven years later, I took one in on trade (I was a dealer then) with 280,000 on it -- a black one -- and it started up without a puff and drove like a brand new car!! I've driven an Audi TT quattro cabriolet, a Mercedes S420, 300 SEL, and BMW 540i -- nothing compares to a Lexus LS!

Initial Impressions with Used LS430
By new2lexus2 on 01/30/11 18:52 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Finally decided to treat ourselves to some luxury and research led us to the Lexus LS...test driving lead us to the 2004 LS430 we recently purchased. At 92,500 miles, and timing belt service just done, we felt this was a bargain luxury vehicle. Initial driving impression has been WoW! Car does have the often reported passenger side-view mirror problem, but that is easily worked around. We opted for the base model with some extras as opposed to the luxury model (we did test drive one). Since our desire was for a vacation and special occasion road car (instead of our 2001 RX300), we wanted the larger trunk. Still plenty of amenities to make it a true pleasure to drive and ride thus far.

Land Yacht
By impressive on 07/13/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a 2004 LS 430 used. BEST car I've ever driven, PERIOD. the engine is smooth, the ride is effortless and getting over 28 mpg on the highway with power to spare. Could not be any happier with this car.

"Conservative, Reliable Luxury"
By Murphy 2010 on 07/09/10 07:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned and driven many cars in my life from cheap to expensive and I can honestly say that the 2004 Lexus LS430 that I currently have surpasses them all. The car is big but it handles very well and it is very quiet and luxurious and unlike other expensive cars like BMW and Mercedes the Lexus is very reliable so you are not constantly in the shop getting things repaired. The car also is not bad on gas when you compare it to other V-8's and even some V-6's. I also like the fact that although the car is very luxurious it is not ostentatious(flashy)because I am conservative and do not like a lot of attention. Lastly I had heard that Lexus Customer service was outstanding and it is.

Finest luxury car available
By C. H. E. on 12/24/09 15:08 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned Mercedes and several BMWs and am a big fan of the latter. None, however, are as pleasurable to drive as the LS 430. The design is not as dazzling as some others but the car is a work or art in its functional perfection. Everything is designed with a purpose and everything fits and functions flawlessly.It is designed and executed to enhance driving comfort and experience without unnecessary complexity. Almost everything in its operation is intuitive. That is what intelligent design is all about. Once you experience the LS Lexus everything else is just a car. I will move up the LS 460 in the future but the change will be merely evolutionary.

Reliable Lux Vehicle
By Toan Tran on 08/24/09 13:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought Vehicle with 84k miles on it. Regular oil change from Lexus, 93 Octane gas when filling up. Car drives very smooth. Vehicle has a lot of power and fuel economy is very good for this big vehicle. The driver seat is very comfy. Problems with the car, the subwoofer is rattling when there is bass, windshield makes high pitch noise above 75mph, my front left door actuator door lock does not lock anymore. I have to lock it manually. Vehicle has the Modern Package.

Fact not Fiction
By Mister C on 07/18/09 06:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

After 9mos. of ownership, I'm still amazed how a 2004 can still outrank & perform 2009 Mercedes, Audi, BMW, & Infiniti. The LS430 is the car to own (Period). Good on gas, handles swell for a big car, instant acceleration when the light turns green, great on braking, awesome reliability like no other; even though in Chicago winter snow tires could help... although u may do fine without. This car is very quiet, comfortable, quality is a 10-of-10. Mark Levinson sound system-"The Best", Navigation is easy to work with. Privacy rear shade, heated-and cooled seats (front and rear). Dual Climate Control, nearly 300hp, HID lights, LED rear lights. Very low wind noise at 70mph. Also holds its value.

Best car I have ever owned
By JW on 03/04/09 21:16 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

We bought this LS430 with 6000 miles on it. The car has been flawless ever since. All we have to do is the standard maintenance and that is it. Fuel economy is good for a large car with up to 26 mpg on trips. Ride quality and comfort are excellent for a large sedan. The powertrain is powerful and quiet.

True Luxury, Great Road Car
By WilliamR on 11/20/08 16:30 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Everything one would expect from Lexus: the cabin is quiet and surrounds one in understated by unmistakable luxury. Very quick at all speeds and excellent braking. Cornering is OK, but this is not a "driver's" car. It is, however, outstanding on the freeway and on long trips and comfortable and capable if not exciting around town. GREAT highway passing ability. My actual highway mileage is 25+ mpg -- and I don't drive 55. In town, expect 15-17 depending on mix and how heavy one's foot is. The Mark Levinson sound system is magnificent. Back seat comfort is arguably better than the front seat. The shifter is extremely nice and can enhance driving experience and reduce brake wear.