Never satisfied
By never happy on
2003 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)
Bought well maintained LS430 with 66,000 miles 9/2009. Smooth, powerful responsive engine and transmission with good control via transmission alternative choices. Nice style, good mileage for size and power. Nice suspension, glad I did not choose harder Euro suspension. Steering too light, too much power assist for my taste.Excellent climate control ( no NAV) layout and function. Standard sound OK but nothing great. Seats look nice but lack lateral and thigh support. Passenger seat too short. NO SECONDARY SUN VISOR? Are you kidding Lexus? Gas pedal and brake too far to left, getting foot in middle of brake takes odd motion. Nice car but wish I had looked more at MB and DTS.
Favorite Features
Engine, transmission, climate controls and function, seat controls (not seats), body fit and finish, nice suspension but a lot of road noise with Nokian tires now on car, soon to be replaced. I never will get another wood steering wheel if I can avoid it; cold, hard, slippery.
Suggested Improvements
Move gas pedal at least one inch to right and brake two inches. Better, more supportive seats, less like LaZBoy. Make remote lock honk horn instead of beep that old folks like me can't hear ( yes, it's turned up all the way) Can't believe Lexus made with no secondary backup sun visor.