2002 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Review: Superb car

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Review

Superb car
By Andrej Skerjanec on

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought it with 28K on the odometer. Now I have 130K. Car has been virtually trouble free. I do regular oil changes (every 5K) and standard maintenance as per the manual. I recently changed from 93 octane fuel to 89 and I'm now getting between 24-25 mpg in mixed driving and 27 mpg on the highway at an avg. speed of 80 mph. I noticed a slight improvement in fuel economy with no change in performance. I had no problems with a car so far, not a single minor thing went bad. This car has been over designed and it shows; you feel like it'll go forever. I moved to Lexus from Audi, which was a great car to drive as well, but it started falling apart after 35K. I use my Lexus as a daily commuter.

Very comfortable seats, Mark Levinson audio is great. The car has excellent acceleration-great when merging into a traffic. Overall, just the best combination of comfort, luxury and reliability.

The quality of leather may not be the best. I've noticed wear on the steering wheel. Compared to other potential problems, this is a minor thing.