2002 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Review: Lexus' Persuit of Perfection.

2002 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Lexus' Persuit of Perfection.
By Les Beggs on

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for 3 years and have about 54,000 miles on it. One thing that continues to impress me is the integrity of this car. It is as solid and quiet as the day I first got it. I have not had one service issue in three years, (Lexus did ask me to bring it in so they could re-program the navigation system and upgrade it to their existing service level, they gave me a full tank of gas and sent me a check for $50.00 for my trouble). The fit & finish are the best I have ever seen. The ergomomics are outstanding, every control & feature make sense and is easy to use. This might not be a perfect car but it is the closest thing I have run across.

The nav system is the best. In the middle of August when you are in a suit the cooled seats are outstanding. The Laser Cruise is cool, as is the refrigerator between the rear seats. The VSC is right on, especially in the snow. Rear passengers love the reclining & massaging seats.

The fuel economy could be better, I average 21.6 MPG. The heated seats run off of the car's heater system so they take a while to heat up. They should have an electrically heated seat that would warm up faster.