2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (65 reviews )
ls 430
By abassi on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I had an LS400 back in 1994 and was very happy with it but after about 100k miles I drove a 1997 Mercedes S420 and I liked it and bought it drove that for about 40k miles and trouble began after all it was a mercedes and not a lexus traded it for another lexus and have driven nothing but lexus ever since and now I own 2 Lexus vehicles and I love my new LS430 it is quieter and has a softer ride and the best navigation in the market due to it being touch screen.

It is perfection. An honest review
By kuantum on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have always made jokes of Toyota/Lexus because I have owned 7 BMWs from 3 series to 7 series a Lincoln a mercedes and a Ferrari. I always stood true to my BMW 740i & 525 but I just purchased an LS430 Ultra Lux for $60k and its the best ride, feel, comfort, and luxury I have ever had not just in overall value package but truly an impressive vehicle bar none.

Had Them All....540, M5, S500, C4Turbo
By imvulpine on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This machine is an excellent balance of power, comfort, design and efficiency. Reliabilty speaks for itself. Punch it, it moves. Not like a C4, but pretty close. Sit in it. You pick: drive it if it's moving. Sleep if it's still. Looks are conservative, but interesting. Gas mileage is as advertised, 18 city, 25+ highway. I drive very fast. Machine handles the same at 115 mph as at 30 mph. Quiet, smooth, stuck to to the road. Very nice.

Great except brakes
By sweetspot on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have now had the car one year. I have had no complaints until now. Actually, I love the car. But, when I brought the car in for the $15k check, they told me that the car would need brakes soon. Either the Lexus has the worst brakes ever, or the dealer was trying to rip me off. Either way I'm not happy. I thought I left the sleazy dealerships behind when I bought a Lexus. In any case, I am now going to have to have the brakes checked by someone else because I don't trust the dealer any more. One other thing, the lastest NAV disk is out. The big upgrade is that it now includes Canada, which actually is a plus for me.

2002 lexus 430
By jeff novak on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

the quality and workmanship are supurb and the ride and handling beyond belief the technology rivals anything on the road today

All the toys o the S500 and $30,000 less
By Stephen Stern on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The LS 430 Ultra, has more comfortable to ride,is more reliable, absolutely no service problem the LS 430 is, without question the best Luxury car on the market bar none. Quietest smooth riding car on the market. Excellant performance. I've had 7 Lexus, never had a service problem with any one of them.

The finest Luxury Sedan in the world
By Alfred Ng on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

this sedan is very quiet and the display is very well display. I have test drove the s class and the 7 class and i can only say that the ls430 is the better than those because the navs on the s class and the 7 class are not easy to use. plus the navs are using cds. the lexus uses dvd which covers the whole U.S. For the s class and the 7 class they use cds which only covers the state the car is in.

best sedan in the world
By philetus on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

far better auto than the S500 sport

the best dam sedan
By chicko on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

dont buy a benz or a bmw

Great Car, But Can I Have My Caddie Back
By JRB on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The car is amazing. I've got 2000 miles on it now and there have been NO issues; perfect in every way. If you like gadgets and electonics, this is the car for you. And even better, everything works as it should. And did I say quiet? Oh, and perhaps I forgot to mention that the ride is like skating on smooth ice, yet sporty enough to get off the dime quickly and take a tight turn on command? Styling is nice, but not distinctive. My '94 Fleetwood had a distinctive style that stands out in the crowd. The Lexus looks like any other import. The LS430 is an outstanding car. But will my next car be a Lexus? The jury is still out...I still think about my Caddie.