Used 2002 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (65 reviews )

'02 LS 430 Ultra Lux
By lex19703225

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great car! 800 miles per day is like a ride to the mall. Comfort from every angle. The seats, steering colum have many adjustments that can be easily changed for different positions for the long trips, including the climate controls.Just came back from Orlando Fla.Averaged about 24 MPG on the highway and hit speeds well above the posted speed limit. The Nav system is a must if you are not good on directions (like me ).

Ride, Interior design, automatic wipers and Navigation system,on and on This is my 3rd LS. That is a very strong statement for the cars.

A little more agressive look on the front and rear end.

Lexus' Persuit of Perfection.
By Les Beggs

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for 3 years and have about 54,000 miles on it. One thing that continues to impress me is the integrity of this car. It is as solid and quiet as the day I first got it. I have not had one service issue in three years, (Lexus did ask me to bring it in so they could re-program the navigation system and upgrade it to their existing service level, they gave me a full tank of gas and sent me a check for $50.00 for my trouble). The fit & finish are the best I have ever seen. The ergomomics are outstanding, every control & feature make sense and is easy to use. This might not be a perfect car but it is the closest thing I have run across.

The nav system is the best. In the middle of August when you are in a suit the cooled seats are outstanding. The Laser Cruise is cool, as is the refrigerator between the rear seats. The VSC is right on, especially in the snow. Rear passengers love the reclining & massaging seats.

The fuel economy could be better, I average 21.6 MPG. The heated seats run off of the car's heater system so they take a while to heat up. They should have an electrically heated seat that would warm up faster.

QUALITY & SMOOTHNESS TO THE 10TH POWER
By NATHANIEL DAVIS

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned my LS430 since April 04 and during this time I've continually thanked myself for selecting this particular vehicle. It's clear to me that the Lexus (Toyota) manufactures spent a great deal of time focusing on quality in this model. I must applaud their attempt. The have DONE IT!!!

The feel of the leather seats, controls at your finger tips and most importantly, the smoothness of the ride. There have been times that I've been at a stop light or sign and forgot that the car was on and attempted to restart it.

You tell me, because I could not find any.

Nothing's perfect but this comes close
By edavidm

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned many vehicles including MB, Cadillac and Toyota, but this is the ultimate vehicle in all respects. The quality of workmanship, attention to detail, comfort, luxuriousness is unparalelled.

I'm excited by all of the features, it's an adventure every time I drive it.

Can't think of any.

Best piece of machinery i ever owned
By hf hunter

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great ride, handling, uncluttered instrumentation, more than enough power, lots of trunk space -- non onstentatious styling.

handling,comfort,size,instrumentation.

don't mess with anything.