Used 2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus Ls-430 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (65 reviews )

Greatest
By Admiral

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

After almost three years I have never had a problem. Routine maintenance has been the only requirement.

Favorite Features

Folding outside mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior design is a little bland. The GS is better.

Awesome Luxury Car
By Duane

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I total love my Lexus 430! I have only had the car a month but it is hands down the best car I have ever owned. Just sold an Infiniti M45 haited the car. I have owned Mercedes and Cadillac but Lexus is hands down the best for the money. The Ultra Luxury package is awesome!!! You would pay 15K more on a Benz with the same equipment. I also got the Lexus warranty for 7 years and 100K! How can you go wrong! If you are looking for the best ride you have ever experienced for a reasonable price please look into the LS430. You can't go wrong!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Navigation, comfort of the seats, head and leg room, stereo is awesome, enjoyment of driving the vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Only suggestion I would like to see is Massage seats for the front!! Mercedes has it, and on the Ultra Luxury for the money the 2 front seats should have massage! Also a control to cut off the rear entertainment!! Kids drive u crazy hitting all the buttons. Also provide splash guards for rear

Not Quite So Nice
By Not Quite So Nice

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This was to be my retirement car, you know, keep forever. Got the Ultra. Bad choice. Took delivery out of front alignment. Turns out I discovered air suspension was causing a strong lean (2" shorter on right"). Didn't notice until sitting on a perfectly flat surface. Should have gotten the standard suspension. Took dealer three times to get right, had to make call to Japan.

Favorite Features

Navigation is best around. Except my August 2002 purchase was only updated through 2001. Novelty of voice command Nav wore off after a few weeks. Regular Nav in my GS (not voice command) is just as good.

Suggested Improvements

Loved the Lexus Link (OnStar). Was not happy that they did not offer an integrated phone in So Cal (even though it's in the brochure), and now they have taken the Lexus Link out of the 2004/5 models.

A Smooth, Exciting Advanced Automobile
By By George

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

After owning two luxury automobiles, a Mercedes and a Jaguar, it was difficult for me to believe that I could ever own anything as exceptional. However, based on my research, the reviews and testimony of friends and collegues; I decided, for my next purchase, to consider the Lexus LS 430. This car has exceeded my expectations in its performance and handling and smoothness, and the technology is absolutely amazing. It is unbelievable and in a class by it self. If there is anything more outstanding than the Lexus LS 430, I would not even want to know because I am sure I could not afford it.

Favorite Features

The user friendly technology, especially the navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior design.

Never Driven a Better Car!
By vyoung

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

At 6'5" and 290lbs., I find it difficult to find a truly comfortable car. Forget the exemplery reliability of this vehicle...the ride is beyond any possible expectation. More amazing is the fact that the ride is exactly the same after 40,000 miles! Responsiveness and handling are excellent and the service is unmatched. Cannot imagine every buying a car elsewhere. I am more spoiled.

Favorite Features

Complete adjustability of the cockpit; ridiculus turning radius (wonderful); navigation and Levinson sound system; handling/responsiveness; overall comfort; surprising fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Nothing