2002 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (63 reviews )
Not Quite So Nice
By Not Quite So Nice on 02/07/05 22:59 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This was to be my retirement car, you know, keep forever. Got the Ultra. Bad choice. Took delivery out of front alignment. Turns out I discovered air suspension was causing a strong lean (2" shorter on right"). Didn't notice until sitting on a perfectly flat surface. Should have gotten the standard suspension. Took dealer three times to get right, had to make call to Japan.

A Smooth, Exciting Advanced Automobile
By By George on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

After owning two luxury automobiles, a Mercedes and a Jaguar, it was difficult for me to believe that I could ever own anything as exceptional. However, based on my research, the reviews and testimony of friends and collegues; I decided, for my next purchase, to consider the Lexus LS 430. This car has exceeded my expectations in its performance and handling and smoothness, and the technology is absolutely amazing. It is unbelievable and in a class by it self. If there is anything more outstanding than the Lexus LS 430, I would not even want to know because I am sure I could not afford it.

Never Driven a Better Car!
By vyoung on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

At 6'5" and 290lbs., I find it difficult to find a truly comfortable car. Forget the exemplery reliability of this vehicle...the ride is beyond any possible expectation. More amazing is the fact that the ride is exactly the same after 40,000 miles! Responsiveness and handling are excellent and the service is unmatched. Cannot imagine every buying a car elsewhere. I am more spoiled.

'02 LS 430 Ultra Lux
By lex19703225 on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great car! 800 miles per day is like a ride to the mall. Comfort from every angle. The seats, steering colum have many adjustments that can be easily changed for different positions for the long trips, including the climate controls.Just came back from Orlando Fla.Averaged about 24 MPG on the highway and hit speeds well above the posted speed limit. The Nav system is a must if you are not good on directions (like me ).

Lexus' Persuit of Perfection.
By Les Beggs on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for 3 years and have about 54,000 miles on it. One thing that continues to impress me is the integrity of this car. It is as solid and quiet as the day I first got it. I have not had one service issue in three years, (Lexus did ask me to bring it in so they could re-program the navigation system and upgrade it to their existing service level, they gave me a full tank of gas and sent me a check for $50.00 for my trouble). The fit & finish are the best I have ever seen. The ergomomics are outstanding, every control & feature make sense and is easy to use. This might not be a perfect car but it is the closest thing I have run across.

QUALITY & SMOOTHNESS TO THE 10TH POWER
By NATHANIEL DAVIS on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned my LS430 since April 04 and during this time I've continually thanked myself for selecting this particular vehicle. It's clear to me that the Lexus (Toyota) manufactures spent a great deal of time focusing on quality in this model. I must applaud their attempt. The have DONE IT!!!

Nothing's perfect but this comes close
By edavidm on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned many vehicles including MB, Cadillac and Toyota, but this is the ultimate vehicle in all respects. The quality of workmanship, attention to detail, comfort, luxuriousness is unparalelled.

Best piece of machinery i ever owned
By hf hunter on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great ride, handling, uncluttered instrumentation, more than enough power, lots of trunk space -- non onstentatious styling.

MFG Lexus Review
By MFG on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. Very quite ride. Beautiful and smooth ride. Has unbelievable power when accelerating. Voice activation of accesories are awesome. Turning radius is unbelievable.

great car
By Scott in CA on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Awesome car -- a little stodgy but perfectly built and equipped. The GPS is 1000% better than the Mercedes or the BMW.