2002 Lexus LS430
By Eric on
2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)
This is my first luxury car and bought used to avoid sticker shock. The only item needing warranty replacement were the two gas-filled lifters for the trunk's lid. I bought as "like new" with 23K on the clock. The original owner replaced the Yoko 390's with Michelin XSE MXV4's as they wore out too soon. The ride is not super quiet over interstate pavement joints which may be exasperated by these new tires. I don't know. Also, the AC is so powerful that even in a Gulf Coast summer the fan speed on "Auto" has to be manually moderated. This involves using the Navigation touch screen. A nice problem to have though in Houston. I am 100% happy with this car even in our new era of $3/gallon gas.
Favorite Features
The engine; plentiful power when needed but always silky smooth AND QUIET. The interior; reminds me of a 5 star hotel. Navigation; invaluable when out of my home territory.
Suggested Improvements
The Lexus Link system (aka "On Star") which is now unavailable and soon to be disabled should be downgraded for free to an emergency only police alert device. My system was never activated ( not value for $)so still has its initial year of service available. What a waste of resources to just junk it.