Used 2002 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (65 reviews )

Smooth
By Tony

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first used Lexus I ever purchased. I have been strictly a Mercedes guy up until now and didn't know quite what to expect. This 2002 LS430 is the most quiet, smooth riding car I have ever been in, far surpassing my many Mercedes and the few Rolls and Bentleys I have been in. It is, without a doubt, the finest car ever made.

Fantastic car!
By BeemerBill13

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2002 LS430 with 78,000 miles on it in Feb. 2008. I sold my 1997 LS400 for this and what a difference! You wouldn't know this car from new, no dings, dents, or scratches! The previous owner serviced it with regularity. The car has the Ultra Luxury package so it has every option offered. I drive mostly highway miles and am impressed with getting 25+ (up to 27.5 already) driving it! A good solid ride. I am very pleased with it after 8 months of ownership and 9,000 miles.

The upgraded leather package offers nice comfortable supple seating. The factory tinted (laminated) glass is great! The grey wood trim is beautiful. Additionally, the air conditioned seats are very nice. Looks awesome with crome wheels. Very quiet and enjoyable to drive on long trips

I do not like the Laser Guided speed control, it is really un-necessary and can not be used on multi-lane expressways where curves are involved. The body style is a little plain. To change oil, you have to drop the front belly pan to get to the filter and drain plug, a real pain, like 14 bolts.

Superb car
By Andrej Skerjanec

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought it with 28K on the odometer. Now I have 130K. Car has been virtually trouble free. I do regular oil changes (every 5K) and standard maintenance as per the manual. I recently changed from 93 octane fuel to 89 and I'm now getting between 24-25 mpg in mixed driving and 27 mpg on the highway at an avg. speed of 80 mph. I noticed a slight improvement in fuel economy with no change in performance. I had no problems with a car so far, not a single minor thing went bad. This car has been over designed and it shows; you feel like it'll go forever. I moved to Lexus from Audi, which was a great car to drive as well, but it started falling apart after 35K. I use my Lexus as a daily commuter.

Very comfortable seats, Mark Levinson audio is great. The car has excellent acceleration-great when merging into a traffic. Overall, just the best combination of comfort, luxury and reliability.

The quality of leather may not be the best. I've noticed wear on the steering wheel. Compared to other potential problems, this is a minor thing.

Love Life With Her
By Gimpyeti

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car is absoluting amazing. Every aspect is flattering in numerous ways. I currently own a Cadillac STS, CTS, and this car. This Lexus owns each in its own manner. The power steering is just soo fun to use along with the V8 engine. On first drive you'll be hooked.

Steering, acceleration, comfort, cockpit noise (NONE)

Honestly none.. If anything a sharper look with the cars edges..

WOW!!
By HIGHAUDIO

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted the best big luxury vehicle for the money. It's a sleeper. Amazingly quiet. I've had people tell me they can't even hear the engine when the car is on. At 100+ mph, the LS 430 commands the road. If I had to buy another car, then I'd get another LS 430 in a heartbeat!

Touch screen. Nav. Mark Levinson audio. Rear shade.

None