Used 2002 Lexus LS 430 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (65 reviews )

I love this car
By mchristiansen

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I must admit, I've only owned it for 5 days, but I'm so excited about it. We owned a '96 Cadillac Deville, which we traded in when we bought the Lexus. It was a great old car....comfortable, roomy, and built like a tank. Even though I'm nearing being 'an old lady', I wanted something more up to date...including some more recent technology that wasn't available in the cadillac.

Even though the Lexus we purchased was not the 'ultra' model, it did still have Navigation and Marc Levinson audio. Next week, I am having bluetooth connectivity installed so I can use my phone and my iPod hands-free. This car had only 85 k on it, which is pretty darned low mileage for a 12 year old car. I love the extremely quiet ride, the moon roof, the sound system, the center console and the amazingly comfortable ride.

Someone else mentioned this and I agree...it's rather annoying having all the doors automatically lock after getting out of the drivers side. I suppose I'll figure all that out and will get used to it. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

'02 Lexus LS430 Ultra
By jeffdinohio

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a '02 Lexus LS430 with the Ultra package. This vehicle replaced a LS400 with well over 250,000 miles. You cannot compare the bullet-proof reliability of Lexus vs. the other so-called luxury brands. This particular Lexus is giving me 25+ mpg on the highway along with the best ride imaginable. No squeaks, no rattles, nothing out of a vehicle that is over 12 years old! Doesn't use a drop of oil and when you do change the oil it looks like it is still brand new. The Ultra package gives extra refinement especially to the rear seat passengers. The reclining, massaging seats are extraordinary for a journey of over a few hours. Definitely a 5 star vehicle and one I recommend.

heated/cooled seats rear passenger audio controls rear reclining and massaging seats rock solid feel going down the road incredible gas mileage for a vehicle this size ease of mind knowing you will always arrive at your destination without any hitches reliable vehicle as the day is long with proper maintenance will last a lifetime

none that I can think of

Love this car!
By Norge

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased as a CPO with 43,000 on the clock. Looked high and low for a black on black and finally found one. I have put 60,000 miles on the car (it has 104,000 now) and love it every time I get in it. Drives great, handles well and brakes hard and solid. Very smooth ride and still beautiful! Only issue was one of the mirrors would not fold all the way. Dealer replaced both under warranty with 2006 mirrors and promised they will outlast the car. Trunk struts went out too and were also replaced. Only issue is with the center arm rest. All the padding is gone. No idea but it is flat. Everything else works like new! Ac is ice cold and the heated seats could cook eggs.

acceleration and leg room

keyless starting and bluetooth which came out later but I heard the new cars are not as reliable as the old like mine so I will do without.

One of the Great Ones
By Doc

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for 2 years. I've put 20k on it, and the only trouble has been the battery. I've owned 6 s class Mercedes, a 5 series B'mer, 2q45, a qx4 and loads of caddy's and lincolns. They all have their strong points. This is my 2nd Lexus, and it has been trouble free. Time for another Lexus.

Everything, Quick for the size, and gas mileage is good for the size and speed.

All wooden shift nob.

Great Car
By Doc T

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used 64k, it has been one of the better cars I've owned. I have had all the big ones except Jag. This is up there with the Benz's and Bimmers, I have only replaced the battery and tires but it has been very dependable. Gets 25mpg on hiway. Nice sound system. One Sunday I drove 12 hours from Jersey to Detroit sleeping for about 2 hours in the car, attended a service and turned around and drove 12 hours back. 60 miles from home before I had to stop and sleep again.

Smooth very powerful and fast.

None