2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (65 reviews )
I love this car
By mchristiansen on 08/06/14 10:36 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I must admit, I've only owned it for 5 days, but I'm so excited about it. We owned a '96 Cadillac Deville, which we traded in when we bought the Lexus. It was a great old car....comfortable, roomy, and built like a tank. Even though I'm nearing being 'an old lady', I wanted something more up to date...including some more recent technology that wasn't available in the cadillac.

'02 Lexus LS430 Ultra
By jeffdinohio on 07/13/14 08:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a '02 Lexus LS430 with the Ultra package. This vehicle replaced a LS400 with well over 250,000 miles. You cannot compare the bullet-proof reliability of Lexus vs. the other so-called luxury brands. This particular Lexus is giving me 25+ mpg on the highway along with the best ride imaginable. No squeaks, no rattles, nothing out of a vehicle that is over 12 years old! Doesn't use a drop of oil and when you do change the oil it looks like it is still brand new. The Ultra package gives extra refinement especially to the rear seat passengers. The reclining, massaging seats are extraordinary for a journey of over a few hours. Definitely a 5 star vehicle and one I recommend.

Love this car!
By Norge on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased as a CPO with 43,000 on the clock. Looked high and low for a black on black and finally found one. I have put 60,000 miles on the car (it has 104,000 now) and love it every time I get in it. Drives great, handles well and brakes hard and solid. Very smooth ride and still beautiful! Only issue was one of the mirrors would not fold all the way. Dealer replaced both under warranty with 2006 mirrors and promised they will outlast the car. Trunk struts went out too and were also replaced. Only issue is with the center arm rest. All the padding is gone. No idea but it is flat. Everything else works like new! Ac is ice cold and the heated seats could cook eggs.

One of the Great Ones
By Doc on 05/23/10 18:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for 2 years. I've put 20k on it, and the only trouble has been the battery. I've owned 6 s class Mercedes, a 5 series B'mer, 2q45, a qx4 and loads of caddy's and lincolns. They all have their strong points. This is my 2nd Lexus, and it has been trouble free. Time for another Lexus.

Great Car
By Doc T on 09/01/09 08:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used 64k, it has been one of the better cars I've owned. I have had all the big ones except Jag. This is up there with the Benz's and Bimmers, I have only replaced the battery and tires but it has been very dependable. Gets 25mpg on hiway. Nice sound system. One Sunday I drove 12 hours from Jersey to Detroit sleeping for about 2 hours in the car, attended a service and turned around and drove 12 hours back. 60 miles from home before I had to stop and sleep again.

Smooth
By Tony on 02/27/09 11:42 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first used Lexus I ever purchased. I have been strictly a Mercedes guy up until now and didn't know quite what to expect. This 2002 LS430 is the most quiet, smooth riding car I have ever been in, far surpassing my many Mercedes and the few Rolls and Bentleys I have been in. It is, without a doubt, the finest car ever made.

Fantastic car!
By BeemerBill13 on 10/29/08 14:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2002 LS430 with 78,000 miles on it in Feb. 2008. I sold my 1997 LS400 for this and what a difference! You wouldn't know this car from new, no dings, dents, or scratches! The previous owner serviced it with regularity. The car has the Ultra Luxury package so it has every option offered. I drive mostly highway miles and am impressed with getting 25+ (up to 27.5 already) driving it! A good solid ride. I am very pleased with it after 8 months of ownership and 9,000 miles.

Superb car
By Andrej Skerjanec on 06/22/08 04:23 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought it with 28K on the odometer. Now I have 130K. Car has been virtually trouble free. I do regular oil changes (every 5K) and standard maintenance as per the manual. I recently changed from 93 octane fuel to 89 and I'm now getting between 24-25 mpg in mixed driving and 27 mpg on the highway at an avg. speed of 80 mph. I noticed a slight improvement in fuel economy with no change in performance. I had no problems with a car so far, not a single minor thing went bad. This car has been over designed and it shows; you feel like it'll go forever. I moved to Lexus from Audi, which was a great car to drive as well, but it started falling apart after 35K. I use my Lexus as a daily commuter.

Love Life With Her
By Gimpyeti on 06/10/08 23:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car is absoluting amazing. Every aspect is flattering in numerous ways. I currently own a Cadillac STS, CTS, and this car. This Lexus owns each in its own manner. The power steering is just soo fun to use along with the V8 engine. On first drive you'll be hooked.

WOW!!
By HIGHAUDIO on 05/20/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted the best big luxury vehicle for the money. It's a sleeper. Amazingly quiet. I've had people tell me they can't even hear the engine when the car is on. At 100+ mph, the LS 430 commands the road. If I had to buy another car, then I'd get another LS 430 in a heartbeat!