2001 Lexus LS 430 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Unreal Automobile

2001 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Review

Unreal Automobile
By LS Ultra Lux on

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far the most exceptional car on the road. We have The Ultra Lux, blk/blk, with stock chrome 17" wheels and bordeaux wood trim. Every option possible except the phone. Bought the car with 58k miles and now have 78k. Unreal experience. I have never been into cars, but this has changed me for sure. My dad was a Benz guy and I would never buy one after having the total Lexus experience. We have put 20k miles on it and it is solid as rock and the fit and finish is as good as new. My wife drives it and loves her 60 mile daily commute in Atlanta traffic. We get comments/looks all the time. Very sharp car.

Favorite Features

There are so many, I don't know where to start. Maybe rear reclining seats and massagers! It is bullet proof with no real problems so far. Highway cruising is sweet at 90-100 mph and 26 mpg, too. All the luxury on the inside, deathly quiet, classic exterior look!

Suggested Improvements

The Mark Levinson has amazing separation and clarity, but it could have more power. Subwoofer blew which I hear is quite common. My only concern is what's next? Moving up to 2004 Generation or 460? I don't think either looks as sharp as the Gen III model. Maybe we'll just keep this one.