Lexus LS430
By Lexus Driver on
2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)
Third Lexus, 2nd LS430, LS400 parents still driving. Regretted trading in 1st LS430. Have owned 3 Benz, 2 BMW, 1 BMW M Package, 300ZX, RX-7, Porsche 356C, Triumph etc. Current LS430 Ultra Luxury, Acceleration, handling, Wife likes it!, Unbelievable luxury, cooled seats, rear reclining/vibrator seats, rear cooler, radar dynamic cruise collision detection. Can raise height of car to avoid front bumper scrapes. Rides like silent luxurious limousine, then switch to sport mode adaptive air suspension, power mode and takes off, accelerates and corners like a much smaller sports car, grips better than expected, very difficult to reach limit when dynamic stability control engages. 27 MPG HWY.
Favorite Features
Too many features & they all work well. Reliability, build quality, Reclining, massaging, heated, air cooled seats, adaptive air suspension, dynamic cruise control. But most importantly, a silent luxurious car that can instantly transform into a growling, tossable, performance sedan. 27 MPG HWY.
Suggested Improvements
The exterior styling is not inspiring and does not match the rest of the car, but at this point in my life, I prefer to drive a car that does not attract attention. I like the LS400 exterior styling the best, I do not like the LS460 as much. I await the next Lexus LS rendition.