Used 2001 Lexus LS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lexus Ls-430 - Consumer Reviews

2001 Lexus LS 430 Sedan

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (45 reviews )

King of the Road
By danl55

2001 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The most incredible car I've ever owned and I've owned over 200. For the money a used one is a bargain. Most times you can find one that has been babied and well taken care of. I bought the Ultra package with auto door closers and dynamic cruise. Mileage was up to 28mpg on the highway and around 18-20 in town. Sadly I sold mine, but miss it so much I am currently back in the market to purchase. Great job Lexus!

Favorite Features

Quiet Comfort. Fuel mileage. Turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

I really can't think of anything.

IM MARRIED TO LEXUS FOREVER!!
By leemz179

2001 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car after my 1999 LS got totaled. I also had a 93 LS, 98 GS, and 93 ES before. All great and reliable cars, with the ES being the least reliable if that even makes sense. I was in love with the 99, really loved that car, but after picking this one up in New Jersey at Lawrenceville Lexus, its just all around greatness. Purchased in December at 112k, it is now at 120k. Besides the 120k I just did, all I've changed was the front brakes, rotors. Very comfortable, economical(20-24 MPG HWY/CITY combined), fast when you need it to, and hugs the road pretty well. The only quirk I have is the Mark Levinson speakers. The front speakers have blown, and I replaced sub with Polk Audio

Favorite Features

Everything except Mark Levinson system, not much more greater than Pioneer in my opinion. Still sounds awesome

Suggested Improvements

Better Quality made speaker materials, better stock wheels

Still Going - Best Car Ever Built
By lexusls430

2001 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Its 2012 and my 2001 LS430 is still running strong. For all who have the Levinson system, its great until the speaker rattles. Don't buy a new one, you can have it re-coned for $40.00 rather than $400.00 for a new one. I've done that twice and replaced an o2 sensor. Aside from regular maintenance those are the only issues I've ever really had. I have a buddy who racked up 280k on his and still going. I'm now at 160k and have no plans for a new car. Before this, I was a euro lux driver. I'll never go back.

Favorite Features

Interior build quality. All buttons and guages work perfectly and look new after 11 years in the Florida sun.

Suggested Improvements

None

Best there is!
By 01LS430

2001 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Amazing. Currently have almost 130k on car. Owned for 3 years with no issues whatsoever. Great for trips. Get 25-30mpg on hwy. City is 14-18mpg. Wish I could have splurged for the 05-06 with the newer styling. Would def do it all over again.

Favorite Features

Smooth. Acceleration. Everything is lit (door handle, all buttons, floor, etc).

Suggested Improvements

Styling. Rain sense wipers need a little improvement.

Great luxury, Expensive parts!
By Roger

2001 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used at auction when it had 65K miles. I now have 140K on it and it runs great. It is wonderfully luxurious, has a powerful engine, and very few things go wrong. But when they do, very few if any companies other than Lexus make parts (too few LS430's to make it worthwhile to them), and Lexus takes merciless advantage of their monopoly. Only Lexus sold the two catalytic converters I needed (budget about $1500 installed each), a pipe for the exhaust is $1200 uninstalled (mechanic told me it's $200 for other cars), even an extra key will set you back $200-$300!

Favorite Features

Luxury, lack of road noise, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Not ripping off customers on parts. A premium is understandable, but just because I have a used Lexus doesn't mean I'm a millionaire, or don't mind being so obviously ripped off!