Used 2001 Lexus LS 430 Base Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (51 reviews )

Best car I have ever owned
By Lindsey B

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The car gets great gas mileage. Looks a little boxy, but the wind tunnel numbers give it away as very aerodynamic. Love the seating the ride, it is flawless. I can go 5 hours without stopping, listening to an audio book, alone. Hardly realize I have done anything because it is so even inside, temperature wise, and so perfectly quiet, that I really am in "car heaven". No one would ever be disappointed in this car who is mature, and loves value and excellent luxury and fine details. I have had some expensive repairs, door locks being about $600 a door, and the carbon canister being $800 (all of these prices include labor). But, overall, the car has very low maintenance costs for 180,000 miles

Aged Lexus LS430
By Jack Kline

Best car I have ever owned - 50+ autos over 70 years

The S Class Mercedes could never make
By Jahswill

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car I ever had. Almost 3 years and no repairs at all. Bought with 139k miles, now 155k. Love it.
On the highway, it glides like a king in comfort and style. Very reliable.

The best of the best
By Timothy Auhll

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Your reading this because your interested in a Lexus LS 430. The same thing I did last year when I was thinking about purchasing a used LS 430 with 250,000 miles . At the time I owned a 1997 LS 400 with 260,000 miles and a 1991 LS 400 with almost 340,000 miles on it. And bought my mother in law a 1997
ES 300. I know a little about Lexus automobiles. After driving LS 400's for hundred of thousand's of miles , I was not prepared for how much SMOOTHER and QUIETER the LS 430 has been improved over the LS 400's.
I'm writing this review a year and half after buying my black LS 430 because last night I had an hour drive from a friends house and still couldn't believe how nice this car is now with 271,000 miles on it. When I pulled off the highway , I checked the in dash fuel mileage gauge, 30.1 mpg . Earlier in the week I had a 3 hr. highway drive and the gauge showed 28.7 mpg. when I had stopped. Huge trunk compared to my LS 400's. I'm now looking for a LS 430 sport and no I never selling this one.

Best Car Ever made
By Bill

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2001 used with 52,000 miles. It drives better and feels better then every car I have ever driven. Even though it is 2001, it is still state of the art.
Downside, repairs cost a fortune. new front wind shield, $2500. Door Locks, $1200 each. New Computer $1700