Used 2001 Lexus LS 430 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (49 reviews )

The S Class Mercedes could never make
By Jahswill

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car I ever had. Almost 3 years and no repairs at all. Bought with 139k miles, now 155k. Love it. On the highway, it glides like a king in comfort and style. Very reliable.

The best of the best
By Timothy Auhll

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Your reading this because your interested in a Lexus LS 430. The same thing I did last year when I was thinking about purchasing a used LS 430 with 250,000 miles . At the time I owned a 1997 LS 400 with 260,000 miles and a 1991 LS 400 with almost 340,000 miles on it. And bought my mother in law a 1997 ES 300. I know a little about Lexus automobiles. After driving LS 400's for hundred of thousand's of miles , I was not prepared for how much SMOOTHER and QUIETER the LS 430 has been improved over the LS 400's. I'm writing this review a year and half after buying my black LS 430 because last night I had an hour drive from a friends house and still couldn't believe how nice this car is now with 271,000 miles on it. When I pulled off the highway , I checked the in dash fuel mileage gauge, 30.1 mpg . Earlier in the week I had a 3 hr. highway drive and the gauge showed 28.7 mpg. when I had stopped. Huge truck compared to my LS 400's. I'm now looking for a LS 430 sport and no I never selling this one.

Best Car Ever made
By Bill

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2001 used with 52,000 miles. It drives better and feels better then every car I have ever driven. Even though it is 2001, it is still state of the art. Downside, repairs cost a fortune. new front wind shield, $2500. Door Locks, $1200 each. New Computer $1700

My honey wagon
By Ole Braaten

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Bought 2008 in Oklahoma with 98K for $19K, and now has 160K. Stored winters in Minnesota to avoid salt exposure. No mechanical problems, just routine meticulous maintenance. Cannot say enough good things about this sedan. Looks new inside and out. Would keep forever, at least until electric cars are comparable.

King of the Road
By danl55

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The most incredible car I've ever owned and I've owned over 200. For the money a used one is a bargain. Most times you can find one that has been babied and well taken care of. I bought the Ultra package with auto door closers and dynamic cruise. Mileage was up to 28mpg on the highway and around 18-20 in town. Sadly I sold mine, but miss it so much I am currently back in the market to purchase. Great job Lexus!

Quiet Comfort. Fuel mileage. Turning radius.

I really can't think of anything.

• SUV