2001 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (44 reviews )
IM MARRIED TO LEXUS FOREVER!!
By leemz179 on 05/09/12 10:18 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car after my 1999 LS got totaled. I also had a 93 LS, 98 GS, and 93 ES before. All great and reliable cars, with the ES being the least reliable if that even makes sense. I was in love with the 99, really loved that car, but after picking this one up in New Jersey at Lawrenceville Lexus, its just all around greatness. Purchased in December at 112k, it is now at 120k. Besides the 120k I just did, all I've changed was the front brakes, rotors. Very comfortable, economical(20-24 MPG HWY/CITY combined), fast when you need it to, and hugs the road pretty well. The only quirk I have is the Mark Levinson speakers. The front speakers have blown, and I replaced sub with Polk Audio

Still Going - Best Car Ever Built
By lexusls430 on 03/31/12 06:43 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Its 2012 and my 2001 LS430 is still running strong. For all who have the Levinson system, its great until the speaker rattles. Don't buy a new one, you can have it re-coned for $40.00 rather than $400.00 for a new one. I've done that twice and replaced an o2 sensor. Aside from regular maintenance those are the only issues I've ever really had. I have a buddy who racked up 280k on his and still going. I'm now at 160k and have no plans for a new car. Before this, I was a euro lux driver. I'll never go back.

Best there is!
By 01LS430 on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Amazing. Currently have almost 130k on car. Owned for 3 years with no issues whatsoever. Great for trips. Get 25-30mpg on hwy. City is 14-18mpg. Wish I could have splurged for the 05-06 with the newer styling. Would def do it all over again.

Great luxury, Expensive parts!
By Roger on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used at auction when it had 65K miles. I now have 140K on it and it runs great. It is wonderfully luxurious, has a powerful engine, and very few things go wrong. But when they do, very few if any companies other than Lexus make parts (too few LS430's to make it worthwhile to them), and Lexus takes merciless advantage of their monopoly. Only Lexus sold the two catalytic converters I needed (budget about $1500 installed each), a pipe for the exhaust is $1200 uninstalled (mechanic told me it's $200 for other cars), even an extra key will set you back $200-$300!

Total Comfort
By Tom on 08/17/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Bought used with 18,000 miles, now have 77,000. Have replaced brake pads, air mass flow meter (because I broke it cleaning it), trunk struts, battery, tires and have serviced according to the owners manual. No major mechanical problems. Its like driving around in your living room. Silky smooth. No squeaks, rattles or wind noise. This is an extremely well built and designed car.

Lexus LS430
By Lexus Driver on 08/06/10 07:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Third Lexus, 2nd LS430, LS400 parents still driving. Regretted trading in 1st LS430. Have owned 3 Benz, 2 BMW, 1 BMW M Package, 300ZX, RX-7, Porsche 356C, Triumph etc. Current LS430 Ultra Luxury, Acceleration, handling, Wife likes it!, Unbelievable luxury, cooled seats, rear reclining/vibrator seats, rear cooler, radar dynamic cruise collision detection. Can raise height of car to avoid front bumper scrapes. Rides like silent luxurious limousine, then switch to sport mode adaptive air suspension, power mode and takes off, accelerates and corners like a much smaller sports car, grips better than expected, very difficult to reach limit when dynamic stability control engages. 27 MPG HWY.

Our experience over 7.5 years
By bob on 03/07/10 16:39 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

We have never had a mechanical problem with this car since the day we purchased it. We did have to replace the stereo amp, but in 7.5 years we felt we couldn't complain. Great car, great dealership.

Love for Life
By Philly LS on 04/21/09 12:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this used LS with Navi with 75,000 miles on it a year ago and now I have put 12,000 miles on it with no problems. The Navigation is very good the turning radius unbelievable. Drove from Phila to Raleigh NC with no problems. I will trade this for a newer model in a few years. I love this car over a 1997 740 I had and a 2000 S500.

Unreal Automobile
By LS Ultra Lux on 01/26/08 19:48 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far the most exceptional car on the road. We have The Ultra Lux, blk/blk, with stock chrome 17" wheels and bordeaux wood trim. Every option possible except the phone. Bought the car with 58k miles and now have 78k. Unreal experience. I have never been into cars, but this has changed me for sure. My dad was a Benz guy and I would never buy one after having the total Lexus experience. We have put 20k miles on it and it is solid as rock and the fit and finish is as good as new. My wife drives it and loves her 60 mile daily commute in Atlanta traffic. We get comments/looks all the time. Very sharp car.

WOW, what a machine
By Wayne on 10/18/07 18:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for seven years and have enjoyed every minute. We have owned some of the finest sedans and this car takes all honors! We just finished a 3000 mile road trip and averaged 24 miles per gallon and of course, had zero trouble. This Ultra cruise control makes long trips very enjoyable, nearly drives itself!

1 2 3 4 5 next »