2000 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Review: Excellent Daily Commuter

2000 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Excellent Daily Commuter
By 1stavy on

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

After 293,000 on still solid 95 Avalon, I bought the only car that I can trust to take me to 400,000+ miles in the next 8 years with the fewest problems, most comfort and best performance. Bought as cream puff at auction, 1 issue. I initially fretted because I had Dunlop sport 4000s and worried about Winter in New England with a 150 mile daily commute and no snow tires. Well, the traction control and VSC complemented the near new tires so well that I never had a problem on the highway and the LS drove like a tank in the city. I'm glad I bought this car instead of the RL,Q45 and 01-04 Avalon. I'm not wishing I had them. Despite what I'd read, the handling's nimble depending on seat position.

Old classic body style, & partial to the sporty look of the front air dam from the side and the HIDs. Interior is extremely comfy, seats soft yet hold you in place, room for the kids in back and they love the amenities.Leg room is saving my knees,back. Premium sound's good,NAK must be ridiculous.

Not most exciting car, which is fine. The GS is available and I had the BMW 5 series in my 20's. However, the rush of acceleration is exhilarating and I've read LS 430s are quicker& better handling. Small cupholders are a slight inconvenience. If cold, dash flickers 5 mins. Recall needed, common issue!
By 1stavy
on 02/16/12 09:20 AM (PST)

It's now 2012 and I have driven this car 419,00 miles! I am giving to relatives. It still drives like a charm. Finally had to replace alternator, exhaust, radiator, fuel pump. Still has original engine and tranny. Last month, a co-worker could not beleive how smooth the ride was and kept repeating it! I don't believe a better car was ever built.