2000 Lexus LS 400 4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Beautiful, Excellent and Boring

2000 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Beautiful, Excellent and Boring
By cecurr on

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I bought preowned in 2005 with 65,000 miles on it. The car is beautiful in every way. I since put 13000 mile on it and I must confess that this is an excellent car. Not even one minor problem to date. Interior comfort and appointments are outstanding in layout and function. Seats are roomy and can be easily adjusted to you favorite comfort position. Leg room is enough for the 6+ footer in front or rear seats. Build quality is also outstanding. The cabin is not as quiet as I had hoped and heard, with noticeable road noise, especially on concrete highway surfaces. The car drives so well though, it is almost boring to drive. Heavy front-end pushes.

Favorite Features

Looks, styling, dash layout and engine power. Smoothest and quietest engine / transmission I've ever driven. Comfortable seats and excellent interior materials. Bright HID Xenon headlights light up any dark road 1/4 mile ahead.

Suggested Improvements

Improve handling and driver's feedback. Reduce road noise. Standard Non- Nakamichi stereo lacks power and crispness that should be standard in car in this class. make more exciting to drive.