Used 2000 Lexus LS 400 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus LS 400 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

Old now-but great
By Dave B Tampabay

2000 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

For those looking for a great older used car, you must consider the LS400 if you value ride, performance, undying style and good looks. Bought it used and kept it 5 years. Only giving it up because it retained such high value and we wanted to get in on a newer certified LS (2004 which has the highest LS rating for the decade). The care didn't age in looks or care requirements between 30K and 88K miles. Hope the next buyer is as continuously satisfied as we were

Classiness, ride, dealer's support,comfort and shear enjoyment of ownership. Consider saving a few bucks taking your used Lexus to Toyota for service.

Front cup holders not sufficiently adaptable to cup sizes.

Best value in a sedan
By Road Warrior

2000 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is a third update of my used car experience she has 158,000 miles on her now and still runs like when I bought it other than normal wear out service items and a Intermittent problem with the power tilt wheel not going down; this happens a couple times a year it won't work then comes back to life as if nothing happened. I am very pleased with the car. If you can find a good one you will be very happy ,safe and comfortable I have driven it a 1000 miles over 2 days and still feel comfortable with no road fatigue with this one on your body. Do yourself a favor service at qualified independent shop and save 40-60% off Lexus franchise dealer prices I do !

Comfort and Performance decent 23mpg overall for a big car amazing

Comeback with ls 400 style like it better than the ls430 replacement I will wait for a ls460 to come along used.

LS 400
By ls400

2000 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Nice in all aspects, the body is a head turner. Reliable, will probably last a lifetime with a proper maintenance.

Body. Cool to drive.!HID xenon 10K's.

keyless entry, steering wheel needs to be thicker and more advance.

The Best
By Pat

2000 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the Platinum Lexus LS400 in October of 2001 used. It had 13000+ miles on it. Great power and ride. Fun to drive and best of all my wife thanks me often for buying this car. She does not care for autos in general but knows quality when she sees it!! Great car!!!

Engine and transmission are smooth and powerful.

Larger drink holders!

Great Value!
By Wayne Strong

2000 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The vehicle handles like a dream. It is without a doubt an absolute great value. For a 10 year old car, it looks great! With over 100,000 miles, it remains extremely responsive. The fuel economy is awesome. I have gotten up to 30 mpg on the highway. This is the second Lexus I have owned. They are, without a doubt the best vehicles made.

Smoothness and acceleration. Great gas mileage. Luxurious and spacious. A timeless classic.

None. I like it just the way it is.