2000 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )
Old now-but great
By Dave B Tampabay on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

For those looking for a great older used car, you must consider the LS400 if you value ride, performance, undying style and good looks. Bought it used and kept it 5 years. Only giving it up because it retained such high value and we wanted to get in on a newer certified LS (2004 which has the highest LS rating for the decade). The care didn't age in looks or care requirements between 30K and 88K miles. Hope the next buyer is as continuously satisfied as we were

Best value in a sedan
By Road Warrior on 07/05/10 08:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This is a third update of my used car experience she has 158,000 miles on her now and still runs like when I bought it other than normal wear out service items and a Intermittent problem with the power tilt wheel not going down; this happens a couple times a year it won't work then comes back to life as if nothing happened. I am very pleased with the car. If you can find a good one you will be very happy ,safe and comfortable I have driven it a 1000 miles over 2 days and still feel comfortable with no road fatigue with this one on your body. Do yourself a favor service at qualified independent shop and save 40-60% off Lexus franchise dealer prices I do !

LS 400
By ls400 on 06/06/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Nice in all aspects, the body is a head turner. Reliable, will probably last a lifetime with a proper maintenance.

The Best
By Pat on 02/20/10 13:05 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I bought the Platinum Lexus LS400 in October of 2001 used. It had 13000+ miles on it. Great power and ride. Fun to drive and best of all my wife thanks me often for buying this car. She does not care for autos in general but knows quality when she sees it!! Great car!!!

Great Value!
By Wayne Strong on 01/03/10 21:02 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

The vehicle handles like a dream. It is without a doubt an absolute great value. For a 10 year old car, it looks great! With over 100,000 miles, it remains extremely responsive. The fuel economy is awesome. I have gotten up to 30 mpg on the highway. This is the second Lexus I have owned. They are, without a doubt the best vehicles made.

SUPER RELIABILITY & COMFORT
By Steve C. on 03/05/09 17:17 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Bought pre-owned @ 3 yr. old but with only 6800 miles. Have since pumped up to 56k. Now 9 yrs. old and have not put a single penny into it beyond maintenance. Drive is uninspiring around town but a champ on the highway. Cruises with uncanny smoothness. A true luxury ride with exceptional quietness. Blah, grandpa-like exterior (and who designed the ugliest alloy wheels ever?) but interior is attractive and plush. I probably won't but could keep car for another 15 years and it would still be an enjoyable ride. A bit jumpy off the mark. Even if you try to moderate throttle it tends to leap off line. Surprisingly fuel efficient on hwy (up to 28 mph) but premium a must. Mileage suffers otherwise.

What more could a fellow ask?
By dan hitt on 02/24/09 12:30 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This is the third of four Lexus vehicles I've owned since 1991 and the second LS. "Buy a really good car and maintain it," an old friend advised me many years ago. Well, this is a really good car that requires very little maintenance (aside from the regularly scheduled kind). A battery, tires and a tail light about cover it.

Expected more
By Jim on 01/17/09 10:49 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I did not expect to have to have a valve adjustment done at 70,000 miles that cost $850. Nor did I expect climate control and steering components, as well a clock to stop functioning. I had none of these problems with our Camry.

I LOVE LEXUS!
By Spence on 09/21/08 00:27 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This is the second Lexus I have owned, and this car was a great deal with low mileage! I did my research and found a beautiful one with low miles! I love driving this car, it has power, plush luxurious comfort, and excellent reliability! All in a beautiful sleek package! I will always love the Lexus brand!

Happy with our Lexus
By Clint on 09/05/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I bought this car off lease with 40K trading a 91 300D Mercedes. The overall build quality is better than the MB. The V8 is excellent and fast. Also good economy. This car is exceptional in every way. Will buy another. We now have 100k on the car and it is as good as the day we bought it. Very reliable with no problems at all.