1999 Lexus LS 400 4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A wonderful car

1999 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

A wonderful car
By JC on

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I've now owned my 99 LS for about 2.5 years. I've driven the car about 20K per year since I got it and it's really a remarkable riding and driving car. It's not a car of feeling as your almost numbly fixed to your seat. Once you drive other cars, you'll really notice the exceptional quality of ride, solidity, and performance. This big car handles good too. This car is superlative when it comes to being practical. It costs a third less than a Jag, it has comfy room for 5, rides like a Lincoln, fast as a Mustang, a teen sound system, great gas mileage, looks great and half the cost of a Benz to maintain - still a bit pricey.

Favorite Features

I love the engine in this car - silky smooth. A quiet car, until asked and then you're at 60 mph in a blink - grrrrowl. Great stereo, ride, build quality, great looks, gas mileage, very roomy, large trunk, seats and wheel adjust to fit anyone, roomy, comfortable and a very fast car.

Suggested Improvements

If I have to complain, the cupholders only work with a 3 inch cup, others will be in your lap. Easy to back this long car into things - reverse carefully. Improperly installed wiper blades ding into edge of the hood - (install yourself). Awkward cruise control, no stereo controls on steering wheel