1999 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Review: The most reliable & comfortabl

1999 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

The most reliable & comfortable car in the world!
By afriend4life on

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I've owned a dozen cars in the past: 2 Cadillac's, Jaguar, 3 BMW's, Infiniti, Corvette - most I've owned for 12-15 months and had to invest $1700-$3300 per year on maintenance. I've owned '99 LS400 for 3+ years & it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned - my ex, Lexus SC430 was just as good, & they both have the "world's most reliable engine" award. I do a safety inspection once a year & surprised to hear that all is good, no problems with suspension, engine or transmission. I'm only changing oil every 10K miles (using Amsoil), brakes last long & tires are good for 70K miles. Besides better handling that my ex-BMW 540i had - this Lexus has been such a pleasure to own & joy to ride!

100% reliability, super smooth & powerful engine, comfortable ride, bulletproof engine that will last 500K miles if taken care of. Taken it on many 700+ mile road trips & will be taking it on a cross country trip shortly, feeling confident it will get me from CA & back with no problems. Looking to upgrade to 2007 LS460 in few years.

Better handling. I'm just spoiled by comparing it to BMW 540i with sport package that I've owned. It handles better than Jaguar Vanden Plas and as good as Cadillas STS I've owned before. I'm sure GS400 would handle better, the new IS350 would have even better handling.