Lexus: My Dream Machine
By sargeusmc57 on
1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan
I've salivating for a Lexus lo these many years, and at last I own one. Used, albeit, but mine you bet. It is a treat just to look at this car. And to sit in it and drive it is a great treat for an auto enthusiast. I have driven just about everything in the American cars, and they can not compare in the slightest with this Lexus LS400. As for performance, it is exceptional - - 0 to 60 as fast as a Corvette. Quick enough for me at age 69. I just love to drive, wash, and polish this car. The look and feel of it are outstanding. On the road it is getting a tad over 25 mpg. I never came near that with any of my Detroit v8s - not one of them. Try one of these used as I did; it's great!
Favorite Features
I like everything about this car. The exterior styling is superb. The interior layout and appointments are fantastic. But I must admit, the best of all is the experience of just flat out driving this car; it is super smooth and fast. Who could ask for anything more.
Suggested Improvements
The only improvement does not have anything to do with the car; it has to do with Toyota. There are not enough dealers; the closest one to me is over an hours drive away. But mostly, the prices for maintenance is sky high. If you can't do at least some of the work; it is going to be very costly,