Used 1999 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Lexus Ls-400 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

Me and my Lexus LS 400
By padevlin

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I just purchased this car about one week ago; it is the best car that I have owned during my 53 years of driving and I have driven just about all of them. I could not afford a new one; had to settle for a used one. It is in excellent shape for a 6 year old car. Heavy miles but in excellent condition. I can't decide which I like best: the design or the drive? It is a fabulous car and I am glad that I finally own one. It is a real thrill to put the pedal down and feel the surge of the powerful V8 after driving a V6 over the last 5 years.

Favorite Features

The look and the ride; I just can't get over both of them. It is a heavy and smooth ride with plenty of power to spare.

Suggested Improvements

None of any consequence.

True touring sedan
By tb7600

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This is a true touring sedan -- fast and smooth -- stylish -- reliable -- comfortable. This is my second LS 400,owned a 94 model and 99 model. It will be very hard to sell me on another make besides Lexus. If you want a sedan that does it all, this is your car. From 80 mph to 140 mph this car is amazing. The traditional sedan owners are totally unaware of the LEXUS !!!!!!

Favorite Features

Smooth powerful engine, crusing speed????, nice sound system. Body style.

Suggested Improvements

More seat adjustments, more trunk space, better cup holders.

Perfection
By parvez

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Nothing wrong with this car. Maintenence isnt frequent, but if it hits, be prepared to break out the check book. I have 75,000 miles on it without a single serious problem. If your looking for luxury, comfort, speed, and value, this is your car. Get the prestige, the resale, and the true smoothness. Destroys BMW and Mercedes in the way it drives. Best family luxury car bar none.

99 Lexus LS 400
By WMR

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 49,000 miles on it. It has been an excellent car in every way. This is my 3rd LS 400 and I plan to buy another one when I sell this one. Each one has been better than the previous one!

Favorite Features

Dual HVAC; Automatic tilt/telescoping steering wheel; Vehicle skid control; Nakamichi sound system; Excellent ride & handling characteristics; Great looks; Plush interior w/ Walnut trim

Sweet car
By JTP

1999 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Almost everything about this car is perfect. The best ride of any vehicle I have ever been in, almost silent inside, yet it grips the road like a cat climbing a tree. Every detail has been thought of by the Toyota engineers. Interior feels luxurious to the point of opulence. Lush walnut trim, plush leather seats as comfortable as the best chair in your house. Getting into the car instantly relaxes you. Almost unheard of even in a full-size car nowdays: three adults can sit in the rear, and the one in the middle is actually comfortable. Engine is as powerful as it is quiet. How do they do that?

Favorite Features

Unbelievably smooth ride, but it doesn't float. How? Whisper quiet, elegant and luxurious, yet inconspicuous. Rocket engine.

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration after a slowdown and downshift confuses transmission. Curiosuly, no autolock Base audio system is not very good.