1998 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Review: The best car in Lexus and all

1998 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

The best car in Lexus and all others
By Allen on

1998 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I bought the 98 LS 400 from Toyota at 110K for $11K in 2007. Tried many cars including MB and other Lexus. I would say this is a car beyond belief, 10 fold better I mean. Even compare to brand new RX, it still is on different level. I plan to buy another soon. No matter how you compare, comfort, quality and reliability, it all scores top of all cars. This car's body integrity is so good, you simply feel solid and can drive confidently.

Body design is better looking than LS 430; I love the armrests on doors which are leather wrapped. All leather are top grades. Quiet, comfort, very nice wood trim, Even the key is well designed. It is that detail oriented!

Cup holder too small, especially the driver side, looks very cheap. Newer version are much better. But the leather in LS 400 is better. Wish they have a wagon version, then I don't need to buy a larger car. RX is not that great. Interier material looks cheaper.