1998 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Review: Simply superb

1998 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

Simply superb
By dzajic on

1998 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I think all the other reviewers have made it clear: this is a phenomenal machine that will change your idea of what a car can be. The engine and transmission are incredible. The brakes are breathtaking. The comfort and quietness are sublime. The audio system is magnificent. The quality is unparalleled. It would take several pages or a whole book to accurately describe the superiority of this work of art, but reading all the reviews here is a good start. My favorite story about this car is that just after I bought it, I AVERAGED 33 mpg over a 253 mile stretch of Interstate. This is simply unbelievable for a car with a 290hp V8 engine. I LOVE this car!!!

The serenity, quietness, power, smoothness, superior audio system, comfort, fuel economy, interior/exterior styling.

Make a wagon version, PLEASE! Cargo room is a major limitation. No fold- down seats/can't buy a roof rack. I'm buying a Saab 9-5 wagon. Winter tires a necessity in snowy climates due to RWD. I almost had a nervous breakdown last winter without them. Never again.