1998 Lexus LS 400 4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Perfection

1998 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

1998 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Base Sedan (4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Perfection
By LoveLex on

1998 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2008 with 100k miles on it. I traded a 2003 Saab 9-3 and at first was concerned with "stepping back." Not anymore, this car offers comfort, power and convenience that even the newest Saab's can't touch. Have driven the car from NC to Key West Florida twice with no problems. Recently had to have the drivers side door lock actuator replaced, but that is minor for an 11 year old car and the warranty that I purchased for the car covered that. My Saab spent more time in the shop than in my garage. I have spent a lot more time with Lexie. You will never regret owning this car even though it is 11 years old. Lexus Rocks!

Favorite Features

V8 engine, automatic sunroof and window opening with key from outside the car, standard sound system is great, comfort (especially on long trips), dual climate control and heated seats, automatic headlamps.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders only hold a small drink or a can and the trunk is not as big as you would expect from a car this size. Also wish there were folding rear seats. These are all minor though, and owning the car as it is is still worth it .