Absolute Best!
By Dennis Greene on
1998 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan
This is absolutely the best car on the planet to own for the long term! I purchased mine certified for $25K two years ago and I simply love this car. I actually get about 30 MPG highway cruising about 5MPH over the limit. No mechanical problems...none. Took a hit in the rear on a snowy day on I-95 causing $8k of damage, but protected me and my family as advertised and the ABS and vehicle anti-skid worked as promised. Also, Lexus service has been excellent and not too overly expensive like my last Mercedes 560 SEL. My family and friends are surprised to learn that I paid less with a better warranty than they did for their new SUVs, and I get much better mileage to boot. Winner!
Favorite Features
Powerful, smooth, efficient engine. Nice interior, classic looks...better, cleaner, looking and than 2001-present version in my book.
Suggested Improvements
Same as others have already noted. Cupholders hold only 12 oz cans, but there are holders in the back, too. Gas pedal modulation jerky at low speeds, and transmission shift points not the absolute best, but still good overall. Just nit picks. If you can find one in good shape, buy it!