1997 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Review: My First Lexus, I Had No Idea

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan - Consumer Review

My First Lexus, I Had No Idea
By rickster81 on

1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach 4dr Sedan

I wasn't really looking at the LS400 when searching for another used car after a major car accident where my 97 Camry was crushed. But after one test drive, I knew the LS400 was it. Being only 29 years old, my wife still chides me that I'm driving an 'old man' car. But the fact of the matter is, the LS400 is a feature rich luxury machine that was affordable for me and at the same time offered some prestige with a long list of standard features. I hope to drive this car up to 250K miles and then i'll be another Lexus... why pay for a Benz when you get all that luxury and comfort in a Lexus for half the price?

The Coach leather is exceptional, the wood grain is also quite nice. My favorite aspect of this car is the total ISOLATION from the road.

The stereo on *any* car these days should be able to play MP3s, but since my Lexus is a 1997 I can't fault it. A compass would be nice. The trunk is smaller than my old 97 Camry which was a surprise but it's still adequate. Overall, these are minor things-- it's an excellent car.