Used 1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Lexus Ls-400 - Consumer Reviews

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan

View reviews for a specific LS 400 model:

Tuxedo Look, Limo Ride, Bulletproof Engine!
By telluride1

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan Coach 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1997 Black Onyx with Black Leather, the Coach Edition with 120K that was driven about 7,000 miles a year. The Coach leather feels like a brand new leather couch and the paint has a mirror shine. It drives far better than any 2014 car we recently test drove. I plan to keep it showroom quality and drive it until it reaches 300K. While the premium gas isn't fun to buy, it's worth giving this limo quality Lexus the best fuel that money can buy since it will return to you a smooth ride and miles of enjoyment. My only regret is not buying one sooner. I was a Toyota fan but now I'm hooked on Lexus and while I'm young to be driving an LS400 it's a ride everyone is missing!

very happy lady
By lexusgirl01

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan Coach 4dr Sedan

ok this is something very diffrent than i have ever have. I love how my car rides I just bought it a day ago I have been reading the reviews and been very pleased with what I have read. Anything i need to know please feel free to share with me, enjoy reading your commets.

closing in on 200k
By mike

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan Coach 4dr Sedan

this car looks as good is it does from the day I bought it back in 2002. I must admit I don't wash it every day but I do garage it. This car runs great and is a dream to drive. One knock I have on the car is it is not a car you drive in the winter, even with the snows on. But I will put up with that because there are so many positives to this car. I have a brand new American made car and the Lexus is so more of a car than the new ones. I will be driving this car until the wheels fall off

Favorite Features

Radio, this car has great sound

Suggested Improvements

none

A Legend...
By LS 400

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan Coach 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my brother 3 years ago. It's got 200k miles and every time I put it on the highway, it has already paid for itself. I got 500miles from a full tank! This car is classic. I only hate I didn't get a 99 with the xenon headlights. Still is so quiet and smooth you think it's not even running. Someone is constantly trying to buy it from me. I can't wait to try the LS430 or LS460l

Great road car
By Jack

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan Coach 4dr Sedan

Bought this '97 on eBay for less than $8500 -- only had 81,000 miles at time of purchase. I've made two road trips of 1,000+ miles round trip and it is the most pleasant vehicle I've ever driven. Smooth ride, comfortable seats (seats same leather as Coach purses). Didn't realize it required premium fuel until after purchasing it, but it gets 25+ on the road. I plan to drive it at least 9 or 10 years.

Favorite Features

Multi-adjustable seats, classic lines.

Suggested Improvements

Larger cup holders.