Used 1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LS 400 model:

Waste of money
By buckmarley

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Brought mine and one week later needed o2 sensors.then one month later brakes all the way around.two days later the trams went out.today I realized I needed motor mounts and I have developed a oil leak.i have spent 3000 and only had it 3 months and driven it maybe 30 times

Favorite Features

Car is comfortable.space.power.classic

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Tuxedo Look, Limo Ride, Bulletproof Engine!
By telluride1

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan Coach 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1997 Black Onyx with Black Leather, the Coach Edition with 120K that was driven about 7,000 miles a year. The Coach leather feels like a brand new leather couch and the paint has a mirror shine. It drives far better than any 2014 car we recently test drove. I plan to keep it showroom quality and drive it until it reaches 300K. While the premium gas isn't fun to buy, it's worth giving this limo quality Lexus the best fuel that money can buy since it will return to you a smooth ride and miles of enjoyment. My only regret is not buying one sooner. I was a Toyota fan but now I'm hooked on Lexus and while I'm young to be driving an LS400 it's a ride everyone is missing!

All I have to say is WOW!!!!!
By deezeer55

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is absolutely amazing. I have owned it since 2003 and the most major problem we ever had was replacing the fuel pump ($350). We got it with 25k miles and now it has 125k. We also have a 2010 TL and I still love driving my classic around. The LS is sooo smooth and so comfortable that I havent drove many like it. She still runs like a beast and I hope she runs for years to come. Really a great and reliable car. Thanks Lexus!!!

Favorite Features

Comfort comfort comfort!!!!

Suggested Improvements

None the car is great for the year it was built. Still a monster

Well Built Car, Never broken down, Reliable.
By happy59

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased car in January of 2011 for $3800. It is very reliable. If you don't want to worry about being stranded or expensive repairs, this car is for you. You must be ready to pay for premium fuel but other than that it is a great car. Better to buy used than new and better to buy used from a rich person than from a poor person. Good luck.

Favorite Features

Cabin noise is minimal.

very happy lady
By lexusgirl01

1997 Lexus LS 400 Sedan Coach 4dr Sedan

ok this is something very diffrent than i have ever have. I love how my car rides I just bought it a day ago I have been reading the reviews and been very pleased with what I have read. Anything i need to know please feel free to share with me, enjoy reading your commets.