1997 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 400 model:
very happy lady
By lexusgirl01 on 07/09/11 18:29 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach 4dr Sedan

ok this is something very diffrent than i have ever have. I love how my car rides I just bought it a day ago I have been reading the reviews and been very pleased with what I have read. Anything i need to know please feel free to share with me, enjoy reading your commets.

closing in on 200k
By mike on 03/16/10 12:18 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach 4dr Sedan

this car looks as good is it does from the day I bought it back in 2002. I must admit I don't wash it every day but I do garage it. This car runs great and is a dream to drive. One knock I have on the car is it is not a car you drive in the winter, even with the snows on. But I will put up with that because there are so many positives to this car. I have a brand new American made car and the Lexus is so more of a car than the new ones. I will be driving this car until the wheels fall off

A Legend...
By LS 400 on 04/30/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my brother 3 years ago. It's got 200k miles and every time I put it on the highway, it has already paid for itself. I got 500miles from a full tank! This car is classic. I only hate I didn't get a 99 with the xenon headlights. Still is so quiet and smooth you think it's not even running. Someone is constantly trying to buy it from me. I can't wait to try the LS430 or LS460l

Great road car
By Jack on 07/15/08 22:29 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach 4dr Sedan

Bought this '97 on eBay for less than $8500 -- only had 81,000 miles at time of purchase. I've made two road trips of 1,000+ miles round trip and it is the most pleasant vehicle I've ever driven. Smooth ride, comfortable seats (seats same leather as Coach purses). Didn't realize it required premium fuel until after purchasing it, but it gets 25+ on the road. I plan to drive it at least 9 or 10 years.

TOP WORK/FAMILY CAR VALUE
By Phil57 on 12/03/04 13:54 PM (PST)

1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach 4dr Sedan

For reliability, performance, comfort, impressing clients and safe transportation for children (son & buddies are now 7) my 97 LS 400 is unsurpassed in value and stress-free driving despite the premium you pay for driving and servicing the best car on the road. I purchased it used for $35K with 45,000 miles, qualified for a new car 5 year loan with my insurance company, now has 97,000 miles, would not hesitate to buy a used 97 model. Expect typical parts turnover as car ages, my experience so far is 1) new starter $1,600; 2) replacement valve for power steering $1,000. Lexus service is excellent, expensive, you get another Lexus for loaner, worth every penny!

Nicest 8-yr old car you can buy
By NC girl on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for the wife to drive for errands/soccer carpools (Her other car is a Jaguar XJS convertible). LS rides quietly & smoothly, absorbing every bump and curve. The quality stands out in this car, surpassing other models of vehicles several years newer. Paint is perfect, leather comfy, stereo crisp. It is apparent this car will go another 10 years if maintained. Consider this car over a 2-3 yr old Camry/Accord for the $ any day.

LS400
By Anetha on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach 4dr Sedan

I have owned several fancy cars and this is the second Lexus I have owned and I have loved both of them. The first was a GS300 and it was wonderful. A little smaller then the LS 400 but still a great car to drive. I will continue to drive them. Couldn't ask for a more great looking and driving car.

My First Lexus, I Had No Idea
By rickster81 on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach 4dr Sedan

I wasn't really looking at the LS400 when searching for another used car after a major car accident where my 97 Camry was crushed. But after one test drive, I knew the LS400 was it. Being only 29 years old, my wife still chides me that I'm driving an 'old man' car. But the fact of the matter is, the LS400 is a feature rich luxury machine that was affordable for me and at the same time offered some prestige with a long list of standard features. I hope to drive this car up to 250K miles and then i'll be another Lexus... why pay for a Benz when you get all that luxury and comfort in a Lexus for half the price?

Best car I have ever owned
By k.cruikshank on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever owned! I have owned a Lincoln, Mercedes, Cadillac and they do not compare to the Lexus.

plus excellent service
By Mr Neophyte on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LS 400 Coach 4dr Sedan

This vehicle gives a very quite smooth ride