1996 Lexus LS 400 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Excellent, but costly to maintain

1996 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Excellent, but costly to maintain
By Great Car on

1996 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I purchased a beautiful black 1996 LS 400 with factory chrome wheels in 2004. I thought, well, yes the car is 8 years old. However, it is a LEXUS and it only had 78,000 miles. I have never owned a better riding car. Ride is very quiet and smooth. Build quality is excellent and interior features and creature comforts represent true luxury. However, keep in mind that this car is also expensive to maintain. I have just called to set up an appointment for the routine 90,000 mile service and the price tag? $1,500 ! This is not for repairs, just routine maintenance. I consider that a lot, however, I guess most people who own these cars from brand new would have no problem affording it.

Favorite Features

Ride quality, interior roominess, great looks, all the bells and whistles, great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Not much that can be improved upon, better gas mileage, maybe. Although, I regularly get between 22 and 25 mpg on the highway, which isn't bad at all for a big car with a V-8.