You only live once!!!
By Karl on
1995 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan
My brother in law had a new one and I drove it a couple of times and thought if I ever have the opportunity to own a luxury car, this will be it. Finally 10yrs later, we needed a car and had the cash. Mine has the factory sticker in the glove for $54k. I paid $10k from a private owner. After a 100 mile drive your body feels like you drove 5 miles. Driving 90mph in driving rain and feeling totally in control is what this car is all about. Mine has built in k40 radar detector and I feel like a new man every time I'm behind the wheel. My wife and I call her Christine (Possessed car movie). If you research the engine like I did, you're sold. Hands down, the finest luxury car engine (1UZFE) ever made.
Favorite Features
I wash my own cars so, I can feel the difference in the door spacing and the thickness of the steel. The acceleration from cruise speed is amazing. The world passes by as you're safely enclosed in this wonderful space with your music on, and cruising at 90 to 110mph (Miami) totally oblivious.
Suggested Improvements
I have the CA ECM which means, that sometimes it stalls after extended driving. Because, CA required a leaner idle and it can happen. There is a fix. Program it for the other 49 state settings or change the ecm. Not a big issue for me. The other is the seatbelt retractors on both seats is weak.