1995 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Review: Best Car I've Ever Owned!

1995 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By fsufan8 on

1995 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95' LS400 4 months ago with 96K miles and this car runs much better than any car I have ever owned. The only problems I have had with it was a defective radio antenna ($135). Also, the top glove box that houses the CD changer is coming apart ($150). Also, a brake light bulb went out yesterday. All in all, these are minor repairs for a car that is nearly 8 years old w/ 100K miles on it. Nothing else has needed to be replaced. Gas mileage is around 18 mpg. Acceleration is smooth for 4.0L engine but not as fast as some cars I have owned. The very smooth ride makes up for it. I would recommend this model/year Lexus to anyone!

Favorite Features

The glove box housed CD changer (not in the trunk like most other CD changers in vehicles) is great. Also, the power seats are incredible. These seats move in so many different ways.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe Lexus should make a 5.0 Liter V-8 engine rather than the 4.0 Liter. This would give the car more power. I think the new LS450 have a 4.5 Liter, which may be better. Other than that, this car has it all.