Lexus LS400
By Klimek on
1995 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan
It all started in 83 when Toyota chief decided to compete with the best luxury cars like Mercedes and BMW, first LS400 came to market in 1990. The rest is history. I have owned several LSes in the past few years. Currently I have two LS 400s, one has 102k miles another one 229k miles(!) There is almost no difference between those to cars. Both run perfect without any problems. My mechanic (Lexus technician) told me, that those cars are: "bullet proof". We have 4 LS400 in my family all of them high mileage. two have over 200k miles and those are much more reliable than most new cars we had. Don't be afraid of high mileage LSes any year. Those cars were over engineered.
Favorite Features
4.0L V8, not a gas guzzler, but still very powerful, Nakamichi sound system, smooth shifting transmission. DRIVING COMFORT!
Suggested Improvements
I wouldn't improve this car in any way. It is fantastic vehicle in every way. Some haters will tell You, that it is too boring, car for people who don't know how to drive, not a drivers car like Mercedes or BMW. I say: You better have a very fat wallet to keep repairing used BMW or Mercedes.