95 Lexus LS 400
By lazarus629 on
1995 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan
Comfortable, luxurious, quiet, absolutely reliable with excellent brakes and so much power that it just isn't an issue -- one never feels the car straining. Just a remarkable car.
Favorite Features
Comfortable interior and quiet, bullet-proof reliability.
By gatorman5
on 10/05/14 18:37 PM (PDT)

I purchased my '95 Lexus LS400 in May 1998 from an Acura dealership.It had just over 43K miles at the time.Now,after almost 17 years of driving it,it still drives as good as the day I bought it.It now has almost 211K miles on the odometer.I kept over 110K miles off of it by driving a '93 Honda Accord back and forth to work 110 miles round trip until I retired in '09.Over the years,the paint has faded bad so I plan to have it repainted early next year.I replaced the timing belt/water pump @ 146K miles and the old belt and pump were still in great shape as witnessed by the mechanic @ the Toyota Dealership that did the work.I had to have the front struts and bushings replaced along with the lower ball joints,power steering pump and the brake pads.The pads were replaced in 2006 at 82K miles and they are still on there @ almost 211K miles.There's hardly any wear on the pads after being inspected by my mechanic.Hard to believe but it's true.I bought the pads at the Lexus dealership.I just recently put a new windshield in it @ $214.00.I also had the tranny serviced with new type 4 fluid and new filter.Now here's the kicker:My seats were damaged and the leather torn,front and back and found some great seats on Ebay for $825.00 w/shipping.The dealership would charge between $4 to $5K but they're no longer available.So I got a great deal and I was very lucky to find them period.Just put new tires and alignment about 6 months ago.This has been the very best car I've ever owned.I've never kept a car more than 2 years until I got this one in '98.If this car is taken care of,it'll last for many years.You'll love it.If you plan on getting one,get the V.I.N. # and get the maintenance history from any Lexus dealership before buying.I recently added a '99 LS400 this past May and it is gorgeous.Rides like a brand new one with just over 100K miles on it.