1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
Best Car I've Ever Owned
By birdman63 on 02/08/14 02:05 AM (PST)

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my LS 400 Anniversary Edition Oct 2013 with only 47k from a 70 year old lady who bought it brand new. The car was still in showroom new condition with every option available and shows hardly any wear. This car drives like a dream and turns more heads than my 2013 Nissan 370Z. You guessed it, the Z is spending a lot of time in the garage. The only problem is the instrument cluster not lighting up until the car warms up so I know the car has a more miles on it than the odometer shows but I'm not worried because I will never, ever, ever, ever sell this gem.. I have contacted the guy on EBAY that repairs them and will be getting it to him soon. What the heck...I paid $6500 for it.

Owner since she was born in 1994
By sinatra49 on 04/24/12 11:36 AM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This baby still gets looks! I Leased it brand new and purchased her outright after the lease was up. Fabulous vehicle. A little tight inside but she's still a rocket when need-be with just 35k on her. The leather is starting to dry out and the seams are splitting in spots but she's a beauty. I only let the folks at Lexus service her and am asked every time if I'd like to sell her.."no shot"!. I've been through dozens of new vehicles over the years but this one still remains in my driveway like a showpiece in a museum. Am I in love with this car?....You can bet your Mercedes..Just her and I forever!

Still running strong
By nadolap on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Just bought Mine and purrs like a kitten with the roar of a lion when needed. Smooth comfortable power, seats a little uncomfortable. electronic issues but did research found great affordable repairs or instructions. Dash lights don't come on when cold, can mail instrument cluster to a gentleman on EBAY $95, dealership wanted $1200, reverse light out sensor stayed on apply brake and reverse light lighted up, 40 cent repair wires broke near left trunk hinge (white and red from opening closing trunk) 16 years old and love it!

1994 LEXUS LS400
By 1994 Lexus LS400 on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this LS in Oct '97 with 38K miles on it. Has 161K in 2010. Best car I've ever owned! At 116K - Traction Control needed replacement. At 160K -- problems with power steering and rear suspension. BUT -- that was it for 13 great years! Smooth, quiet, got 27 MPG on 2500 mile Midwest road trip!

Impressed!
By Dana on 02/03/10 08:17 AM (PST)

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 180,000 miles and I can say that it really doesn't know it has this many miles on it! I've owned cars that after hitting 70- 80 mph, the steering wheel would start to vibrate. Not this Lexus. I've hit 90 and it runs so smoothly! WoW! I've heard rumors of the engine lasting up to 400-500K. I may, just may test this out! I'm already half- way there! expected problems include A/C display burned out, dash lights stay dark when cold, then comes back on when car warms up.(you can fix this yourself!) driver power window switch can wind down rear window, but not back up! Use rear switch to wind back up. Overall, for it's age, (16 years) I'm VERY impressed!

And I almost sold it.
By knowonder on 04/28/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

To think I almost sold it. The dealership told me the engine was just getting broken in at 150k miles. I went to test drive other new vehicles and returned disappointed and confirmed. I wasn't selling. It drives phenomenally, comfortably, always the same. You just feel good in it. New cars barely offer the amenities that I have in this car (new Lexus aside).

"One of the best cars ever made!"
By Brian W on 07/13/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. The build quality and reliability of the LS400 are unmatched. It does not have the best acceleration in it's class due to the weight of the vehicle, but it's a luxury car. My friends always comment on how nice the car is and the price I bought it for. I want to run the car 'till it dies... which will be a long time.

Oldie but Goody
By Doogie on 04/18/08 01:40 AM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The key to owning a 14 year old car is being able to do much of the maintenance without going to a dealer. When I got this car with 97,000 miles, it was obvious that the previous owner, a one owner, gave up replacing burned out lights and such. They had three brake jobs in 45,000 miles-the dealer took them for a scam by never replacing the rotor-just grinding them down to nothing. I love this car. My only major repair was the timing belt/water pump for $1,300. I know that the next problem will be the power steering pump/alternator disaster. When you own a car like this, you need to go to a Lexus forum-it will save you a bundle. The smoothest riding car I have ever owned. Period.

One Of The Best Cars Ever Built
By LS Man on 06/16/07 11:18 AM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is a miracle. It's 1994 and it still has some options better then 2007 cars. I like it. No noise, no vibrations even at 6000 rpm. The interior is high quality. I have never seen a car last this way. The Lexus has a powerful engine, 250hp, rear wheel drive, some of them are equipped with traction control, adaptive air suspension, excellent sound system.

Spoiled Forever
By Joan on 07/14/05 17:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this car used in '96 after shopping around. Our first priority was comfortable ride, which the LS400 won hands down. After 9 years it's still a dream. For many cars, 9 years this would be the end of the lifespan but this Lexus is still in the prime of life. Yes, a few things are "sagging"--I've had brake problems and power steering fluid issues but that's it & it keeps on purring down the road. I'm always loading it up with plants and construction materials & thinking "Is this the way to treat a luxury car?" But let's be honest: what other car would be this smooth, this quiet, for this money? I have a feeling it's going to outlast me.