Used 1993 Lexus LS 400 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Lexus LS 400 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )

car is expensive to maintain.
By tonyfazt

1993 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

93 ls4 145k car is fun to drive when you can drive it it was the fuel relay, then the ecu,then the tps, then the radiator, then the rear main seal, then the water pump found myself either at the gas pump or under the hood. car is fast but i wouldnt recommend it i actually wouldnt drive it farther than 500 miles to afraid of it breaking down and leaving me stranded i have driven both f150 5.4 and chevy cavalier - 2000 miles round trip no problems and both got better mpg yes even the truck considering the price of supreme for the ls4 vs regular f150 in a twenty gallon tank it evens out dont do it unless your a mechanic with a endless supply of cheap supreme gasoline

rides smooth fast looks nice very spacious

brakes dont stop the car the mpg sucks bad even for a v8 supreme gas only cops are always on the lookout got stopped 3 times in the old car for no reason

Awesome car
By tjh1

1993 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

It is now 2010, I've had this car for 11 years and have found it to be a wonderful car for a 17 year old car. I get compliments that the body style doesn't show that it's that old. The ride is still incredible with good tires. The comfort is superb. Reliability is excellent. In the years I have had it, there are a couple of known issues. One, is the dash electronics start turning off on cold days. This is caused by some degraded components (half dozen capacitors) in the dash PCB which can be replaced by folks who do this on ebay, or you can do it yourself(as I did). Took 4 hours total. Overall, this car has been very reliable at 200K miles for me. The engine/tranny is very strong.

The ride is very quiet Reliability Looks Interior comfort

none

Lexus
By eicu-rn

1993 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is superb 1993 LS 400. It is now (age) sweet 16 and still is better than most new cars out there. I can't get rid of it because she performs flawlessly on a daily basis. I had the timing belt and water pump replaced.. that's it.

Quality is tried and true--all material has held up excellent

Wish it was still made.

By Newgirl35

1993 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My husband bought this car for me to have something to drive other than my SUV. It purrs like a kitten. I figured the high miles would impact the performance of this vehicle, but it runs like a dream. I love it.

smooth ride, handling, telescoping wheel

none

My Best Buy Ever
By Dan McCurdy

1993 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased this Lexus in September 2004, initially concerned about higher mileage, but after 3 1/2 years of superb performance and driving comfort, I plan to drive this exceptional vehicle until the wheels come off of one of us. Never had a better vehicle in my life, no major repairs, no cash outlay except for the Premium gas. Well worth it for what I've received in return, what a wonderful investment and dependable to the nth degree.

Motor... 8 cylinder power, runs like a scalded dawg. Interior comfort while driving/riding. Body style: classic design period for Lexus. Paint still looks like factory fresh.

None to suggest. This car has all the luxury quality one could expect in every category.