1993 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
car is expensive to maintain.
By tonyfazt on 05/04/13 09:10 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

93 ls4 145k car is fun to drive when you can drive it it was the fuel relay, then the ecu,then the tps, then the radiator, then the rear main seal, then the water pump found myself either at the gas pump or under the hood. car is fast but i wouldnt recommend it i actually wouldnt drive it farther than 500 miles to afraid of it breaking down and leaving me stranded i have driven both f150 5.4 and chevy cavalier - 2000 miles round trip no problems and both got better mpg yes even the truck considering the price of supreme for the ls4 vs regular f150 in a twenty gallon tank it evens out dont do it unless your a mechanic with a endless supply of cheap supreme gasoline

Awesome car
By tjh1 on 02/02/10 11:04 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

It is now 2010, I've had this car for 11 years and have found it to be a wonderful car for a 17 year old car. I get compliments that the body style doesn't show that it's that old. The ride is still incredible with good tires. The comfort is superb. Reliability is excellent. In the years I have had it, there are a couple of known issues. One, is the dash electronics start turning off on cold days. This is caused by some degraded components (half dozen capacitors) in the dash PCB which can be replaced by folks who do this on ebay, or you can do it yourself(as I did). Took 4 hours total. Overall, this car has been very reliable at 200K miles for me. The engine/tranny is very strong.

Lexus
By eicu-rn on 01/04/09 14:08 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This car is superb 1993 LS 400. It is now (age) sweet 16 and still is better than most new cars out there. I can't get rid of it because she performs flawlessly on a daily basis. I had the timing belt and water pump replaced.. that's it.

By Newgirl35 on 09/02/08 05:32 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

My husband bought this car for me to have something to drive other than my SUV. It purrs like a kitten. I figured the high miles would impact the performance of this vehicle, but it runs like a dream. I love it.

My Best Buy Ever
By Dan McCurdy on 01/12/08 23:08 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Purchased this Lexus in September 2004, initially concerned about higher mileage, but after 3 1/2 years of superb performance and driving comfort, I plan to drive this exceptional vehicle until the wheels come off of one of us. Never had a better vehicle in my life, no major repairs, no cash outlay except for the Premium gas. Well worth it for what I've received in return, what a wonderful investment and dependable to the nth degree.

Ultimate luxury car
By lexnit on 09/11/07 21:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Purchased my 93 LS 400 back in June of 07 from the 2nd owner with 167000. Since the I've made it to 174000 and the car hasn't ever had a problem! It's an amazing ride and car all around to pass up on the used car market. They are smooth, extremely quiet, peppy, fast, economical engines and have great class still today! I will continue to buy them!!

Great Value
By Dennis Swanso on 05/20/07 09:20 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Bought a 93 LS 400 used with 40,000 miles. It now has 318,000 miles. Unfortunately, last week I hit a deer, so technically the car is totaled, even though it is very driveable. No work other than scheduled maint on drive train! Still has original complete exhaust system - no new tailpipe, muffler, etc. Had I not hit a deer, I expected to clear 400,000 in a few years! Fantastic car!!

Simply the best!
By Lexus Fan Forever on 05/29/06 10:26 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

After renting 20 new cars in 2005 I have to say the 1993 LS 400 beats them all. The quality, durability, feel and beauty of this luxury car will change one forever. Each day I drive and feel great in this wonderful car. If you take the time and ask people how do you like your car you may hear it's good, it's fast or I like it. Ask a LS 400/430 owner and you will hear, "I love it!" Daily I get compliments on this 13 year old car. The fact is one can add wheels and few other extras and this car is a dream for any 20 year old. Drive it stock at it's a dream for any corporate executive. I LOVE MY LEXUS!

The best car ever
By lexesy on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

this car is without doubt one of the greatest cars that were ever built. Amazingly smooth and very quick i got a ticket becuase i was going 90mph on freeway and i did not even notice it. This car has the best features and the system is great. A big car, yet this thing is very lethal and quick

THE BEST CAR EVER
By hassan on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This car is amazingly smooth and very powerful. When i first bought it from the dealer i took it for test drive and i wanted to check how strong the engine is, so i stomped on all the gas and the delaer besides me leaped back wards and i was thrown back as well. The car has 90k on it now. And it drives like a new. How does Lekus do it i don't know, but they should keep it up i never changed anything. All i do is keep maintence and keep checking engine, trans, and suspension.