1991 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Review: The best thing to come out of

1991 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

The best thing to come out of the 90's
By Lil-j on

1991 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on the suggestion from and friend, and it was the best free advice I had received in a long time. I purchased a black Jade Pearl with Ivory interior with 140,000 miles for just over $7,000. The car runs and drives like a 2002, and that is no exaggeration. The interior and exterior components are obviously of the highest quality, put together with exacting detail and precision. The greatest thing, every friend that has seen and gone for a ride in the car guess that its age is no more than 6-8. Surely a compliment for a 13 year old car.

Favorite Features

Plenty of power and comfort. The speedo and adjacent gauges are all back lit and black out when the car is off. The automatic telescopic steering wheel makes entry and exit of the drivers seat anything but difficult.

Suggested Improvements

The brakes can heat up quickly and become soft on an excursion to the beach, or any time there are lots of curves. The Ivory interiors carpet, while plush and comfortable, is next to impossible to keep clean (I am used to all black carpeting). Any Lexus parts are incredibly expensive.