1990 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Review: One of the best built cars in

1990 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic)

One of the best built cars in the world
By Shaffer76 on

1990 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

These are excellent cars. I am really impressed with the extremely high build quality and the extremely high quality of the interior materials. Even with 225K, my car is still 100% squeak and rattle free. Engine is so quiet and smooth- I have to look at the tachometer to see if the engine is running. The engine is also powerful, even under light acceleration. Excellent brakes. Everything still works perfectly on my car. Also, the car has a excellent ride, that does not compromise handling. Even today- these cars have modern styling inside and out and it even seems like most of the very high mileage LS400s still drive like new.

Extremely high build quality and interior materials, instruments and guages, comfortable ride, excellent power and braking. The car is so smooth even with over 200K, I have to look at the tachometer to see if it is still running. Very safe car.

My A/C is not working and I have heard it is a common problem. While I have not yet had to buy any parts, I have heard that parts can be very expensive. Other than that- no complaints. These cars are a little difficult to find on the dealer lots.