1990 Lexus LS 400 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )
Great vehicle
By db on 05/19/05 00:48 AM (PDT)

1990 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My husband bought a new Lexus LS 400 in 1990. I thought it was just a nice car, looks good, handles easily, and is very fast. I used to feel the car was going to take off like a jet airplane! Sadly, my husband died in 1999, but i'm still driving his "baby". Ironically, I've actually put more miles on the car, than he did. It now has 198,000 miles. no clock display, tape player doesn't work, have not had air conditioning in 3 or 4 years, no front hood lifts -- all too expensive to replace. everything is expensive from the dealer, but the car runs and looks so good--still shiny, and sentimental value for me. I plan to keep it until the wheels fall off.

What can I expect from a 15 yr old car??
By yoji6365 on 12/03/04 19:20 PM (PST)

1990 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is 15 yrs old and still going strong. Plenty of power, good styling, interior holds up well to wear. Shouldnt have any hesitation in buying a used model since I got it at 195000 and didnt flinch after my experiences with my Voyager, F-150 and Cadillac.

14 Happy Years
By tlm51 on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had my LS for 14 years and am so satisfied that I don't want to get a new LS even though there are new options I would like to have. I have had MBZ, Jaguar, etc and none compare in quality and reliability to Lexus. All our cars are Lexus and all show the same high quality. In all these years, I have only had minor work done on the a/c, replaced front arms, replaced front hood lifts, and normal service. The temp. lcd has been out for several years and the leather on the seats is cracking--my fault. Not bad over the course of 14 years when that many things went wrong every year in my MBZ's. I may just keep driving this car until it falls apart--or I do.

Great Buy
By 34424 on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My car, though 14 years old and with 95,000 miles on it, drives better than most sedans out there. Very smooth ride, good power, and great power steering. Comfy on all roads, but best on the highway where its power and loose suspension are best put to use.

You bought a new Lexus?
By Jeff Stamper on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

That's what my neighbor said when seeing my "new" 1990 LS400 in my driveway. With 134,000 miles under its belt, this car is just getting broken in! It is as solid as any brand new luxury car. The ride is great, it's quiet, the engine is smooth and.. everything works! Lexus really put this car together to last a long time. I am sold on Toyota quality.

One of the best built cars in the world
By Shaffer76 on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

These are excellent cars. I am really impressed with the extremely high build quality and the extremely high quality of the interior materials. Even with 225K, my car is still 100% squeak and rattle free. Engine is so quiet and smooth- I have to look at the tachometer to see if the engine is running. The engine is also powerful, even under light acceleration. Excellent brakes. Everything still works perfectly on my car. Also, the car has a excellent ride, that does not compromise handling. Even today- these cars have modern styling inside and out and it even seems like most of the very high mileage LS400s still drive like new.

Old Luxury
By 027922 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

2nd owner of this 1st year car built by Lexus. 120,000 miles originally driven in TX. Unbelievable condition for 14 yrs old. Paint shines like new; every option works; leather seats slightly hardened from TX sun. Stereo speakers only thing needing replacement due to age.

Great Car
By peace on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great Car! Repairs are costly, I replaced 1 altinator,1 power steering moter, 1 air conditioner; 2 oxygen sensors; brakes apox 20-25000 miles; 1 radiator repair. Car nows has 272,000 miles!

Nice car
By gagrice on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car belongs to my girlfriend. It is a great car to drive and ride in. It has little problems that bug me. The airbag light is on and the dealer wants $1200 to fix a defective airbag. The rearview mirror does not work properly and the dealer wants $1200 to replace it. The fuel gauge does not work and the dealer wants $1200 to repair it. The car runs great. I think the dealers are rip-off artists.

The best car ever!
By SMRVP on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lexus LS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 1994 in Florida. The 2nd owner. Since then New tires, tune up and regular maintenance. This car has cost me less than any other car I've owned.