35,630 of 35,636 people found this review helpful
Great performance, lots of luxury
By peleg on
2013 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)
I wanted one since the car came out in 2008. I bought a brand new 2013. I feel this car has everything one could want: V8 built by Yamaha, Brembo brakes, most advanced suspension (yet), 8 gears and a very nice interior. The trunk space is adaquate, but it's not huge. The gas mileage is somewhere around 21 average, better on the freeway. The car is very easy to drive, but if you put your foot down, it will wake up. The secondary intake roar comes around 3600 RPM's and the car just TAKES OFF and disappears. There is a lot of technology in the engine, which every performance gearhead will appreciate. Car is very comfortable as well, good road visibility, no blind spots.
Favorite Features
416 hp/371 lbs-ft V8 and all the technology Lexus/Yamaha put in there. (direct + port fuel injection, forged crank, titenium intake valuves, sodium filled exhaust valves, fly-by-wire throttle, heavy duty oil system, heavy duty cooling system. The suspension is improved since 2008, it will not cause your teeth to pop out as you drive, but the car handles very well. Inside everything works really well, Navigation, the bluetooth controls on the steering wheel (even the cruise control which I use) and of course the manual mode for the F1 transmission. Sports mode really turns the car into a very angry monster.
Suggested Improvements
Maybe a HUD like the Corvette has......cyclinder shutoff to save a bit on gas, otherwise I feel Lexus got it just right.
Recommend (35,630) (6)