Used 2009 Lexus IS F Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lexus IS F Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 8-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

Flaws are few and far between
By mkovalsky

2009 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Yes the ride is firm and yes its competitors have more pedigree, but the ISF is what the old BMW M cars used to be - discreet. This car really is a wolf in sheep's clothing. The V8 is absolutely intoxicating, especially above 3500 rpms. The steering is good and the brakes are fantastic. The exhaust is louder than god and the gearbox is loads of fun when you're really hammering it. My favorite thing about this car is that you get the ballistic performance with the Lexus reliability, couldn't ask for much more.

Steering, brakes, gearbox, noise. It's one of the few cars I have driven that I wouldn't change the exhaust on. If you own one or are thinking about buying one put the K&N cold air intake on it - it's like a whole new engine.

Ventilated seats, better navigation. Why have the sport button? Why isn't it always in sport mode? If people wanted a soft, quiet version of this car they'd buy the IS 350 instead of the F.

A Beast!
By afpharmacy

2009 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Just traded my 08 GS 350 awd for something more fun. And this thing is fun! It wants to go fast. The ride is firm but is expected and the seats are very supportive. I drive about 40miles a day and this car keeps me awake. I'm averaging 19mpg the same as my GS. Wanted something unique with reliability. Design is very subtle and most people are not sure what the "F" means. I usually don't get attached to cars but this one is special.

Power and Torque, MPG's is good for 400+ hp., Solid feel, Massive Brakes

Cylinder deactivation for improved "eco" driving? Add AWD.